Translate

Saturday 31 August 2019

August Stitch from Stash and Pie

Let's start with Pie:


As you can see I got another two full weeks on the Discworld Mappe which went from here:



to here:

stitched on 32 count Murano custom-dyed by Sparklies


I made some great progress on Marie Suarez's My Lovely Sewing Tools.  From here:


to here:


and here:

stitched on 40 count white linen

I am so close to a finish I am not going to put it away today but keep working until it is done.  I need to add the rest of the bottom border, and some beads and charms.  You can see from the Pie that I only got 5 days on this but spent 9 days with very little stitching except my daily project or one of my smalls.

When I completed Summer Typography, the next project should have been Winter in the Square.  I even got the chart and linen out and put it in the project bag.  But then I looked at my WIPocalypse projects and thought it might be better to start one of those instead.  This is a Just Nan sampler called Summer Night.  At approximately 90 x 50 I thought I could average one row of 500 stitches every 5 days.  So I wrote a schedule out and this is the first six day's work, almost all the top 15 rows.  The plan is to complete it in the 42 days of the Summer Holiday.

Last time it looked like this:



And now it looks like this:

stitched on 28 count Jobelan in Dragon Shades from Polstitches

Again, very close to a finish.  I have the bottom row which is all Satin Stitch and some Smyrna Stitches in the flowers.  Then it's just beads and ribbon to complete the project.


Finally, let's finish with Stitch from Stash:
August
Charms £7.86
Total £7.86


Another low-spend month because it's been the holidays so no money for stitchy stuff.  I only bought the charms as I need them for My Lovely Sewing Tools.






7 comments:

Rachel said...

Great work! I don't think I've seen a pie where you've stitched on that few projects during the month. The Mappe has certainly come on in leaps and bounds and I'm glad the Summer Night schedule has gone according to plan. I'm nicking that idea for Dark October! :)

Christine said...

Wow, you've romped along on that JN!

Katie said...

Fantastic wrap up. Hope September is great for you too.

Leonore Winterer said...

You've been very focused this month, and it shows for sure! Great progress, and you're so close to those two finishes.

Rhona said...

Wow....what great progress on the Just Nan design....it looks gorgeous!

Astrids dragon said...

Nice bold colours and so close on the Sewing Tools!

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

Enjoying watching the disc world grow.