Translate

Sunday 25 August 2013

Working to a Deadline

Every month Christine sets up a Stitching Challenge on the Needlecraft Haven Yuku Board.  She chooses a different freebie for us to stitch and finish then the Big Reveal Day is the last Sunday of the month.

Over the Summer she combined July and August with two charts chosen.  I just managed to finish July's design from Martine at Broderies Passion but only just, I was still stitching it this lunchtime!

I used some 18count evenweave I bought from Willow Fabric and one of the hand-dyed cottons from Jodyri Designs Threads of the Month Club.  This one is called Purplinky:



I decided to scrapbook this one:



The other design is by Vavi, now I need a small square to fill the gap and I can embellishment the page with some ribbons and roses.

If you'd like to see more of my scrapbook pages, then here is a link to the dedicated page on my Happy Dance Blog - Scrapbook pages 

I have been really enjoying stitching the Mirabilia Round Robin design, Lilly of the Woods.  Here is my latest progress:

The pillow is my least favourite part so I am alternating between a length of pillow and a length of drape as my reward!  I probably won't post anymore photos of this until Andie receives it back.  I think it's nice for the original stitcher to be the first person to see their completed piece.

As promised, here are some photos of my cousin's AMAZING wedding cake.  Apparently it surpassed even her imagination!!



It is all sugar paste, not real biscuits and teacups!!

One of my blogging friends Aurelia has a monthly issue of Stitchy News on her blog Eglantine Stitchery and she mentions several things of interest this month, including a link to this amazing project, Pardalote Solar System Embroidery.  It is a stunning piece of work, blackwork in yellow and blue to represent our solar system and all the planets.

Finally, the latest delivery in the Summer Postcard Blog Hop:

My card goes to Debbie at Debbie's Cross Stitch
Debbie's card goes to Christine at The Alchymyst's Study
Christine's card goes to Lynn at Kearnel's Korner
Lynn's card goes to Clare at Aimetu's Stitching
Clare's card goes to Vickie at A Stitcher's Story
Vickie's card goes to Julie at Julie's Stitchyknitty Journal
Julie's card goes to Penny at Larkspur Lane
Penny's card goes to Astrid at Dragon Stitches and Stuff
Astrid's card goes to Cheryl at Today I Found...
Cheryl's card goes to Laura at For the Love of the Needle

You have until Saturday 31st August to send a photo of something you have stitched on a Home theme along with a short message about what Home means to you.  The final postcards will be sent out by 6th September then we can all start planning the Hallowe'en Blog Hop!!


16 comments:

Annette-California said...

Love your latest finishes - Beautiful. The wedding cake - WOW Gorgeous. I've not seen anything like this and I love it. Spectacular!!! love Annette

Julie said...

Great stitching for the challenge piece, still need to make mine up although it is stitched

Stunning cake, I woudn't have wanted to cut that wonderful creation.

Linda said...

Congrats on the adorable finishes Jo. The RR piece is gorgeous. What a neat wedding cake.

Linda

Zeb said...

Lovely finishes and Andie is going to love your RR piece :)

As for that cake... OH. MA. GAWD! I love teacups, cupcakes and bikkies, and having it all as a cake?! HEAVEN!

stitchersanon said...

Wow, that cake is something else! Love the stitching, very pretty. I am not good with deadlines so am always imnpressed by those who can!

♥ Nia said...

What?! That's a wedding cake?! Woooowwww! Really impressive :D
That RR is gorgeous :))))
Hugs&smiles

Brigitte said...

Such a lovely little finish. I'm quite fascinated by your scrapbook idea - quite a different way of "finishing" and a great way.
Love your RR addition. Those Mirabilias are just beautiful.

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely stitching but to me the main thing on this post IS the wedding CAKE!!!! OMG, it looks fabulous, I wouldn't have want to touch it, let alone eat it! :D Superb work. I love the little banter that goes all around it...

Mii Stitch said...

Sooo sorry, I meant Banner!!! :)

Christine said...

Great stitching! As for that wedding cake, I'm speechless (and I get to see a LOT of wedding cakes)

Chris said...

That cake is beyond fabulous!!
I love the freebie challenge.
Lovely stitching.

Karoline said...

That cake is amazing!

Congratulations on your finish

Topcho said...

Oh dear! The most amazing cake EVER! XD I envy her :D

The finishes are so cute too! It seems your work is as great as ever even when under pressure :D

Marcy said...

That cake is too pretty to eat. Thanks for the link to the stitched galaxy -- very cool.

Kaisievic said...

That is one amazing cake - I love it! Lily of the Woods is very pretty.

Aurelia Eglantine said...

Thanks so much for your lovely mention, Jo, I really appreciate it! :) Sorry this is so late, I fell behind in my blog reading again, LOL. That cake is *gorgeous* and so unique and clever, the gold gilding on the china looks so real!!! Lovely finishes, as always, and your RR is so pretty :)