Translate

Sunday 23 February 2020

February TUSAL

Tusal

It's TUSAL time!



The project on the left is the Alice in Wonderland SAL by Amanda Butler for Cross Stitcher magazine.  The border was published in issue 353, and the first two blocks in issues 354 and 355.

stitched on 32 count yellow Belfast linen

I thought I'd show my thread holder.  I printed a playing card, covered it in sticky backed plastic and punched holes down each side.  I have just used the colours which appear in the border because I am working on that each evening.  Whereas the blocks themselves get two or three days dedicated to them so I use my master set of threads.

Here are the first two blocks completed:


I am a little disappointed that the rabbit is not the Tenniel version:


But is the Tim Burton version:



I do hope she doesn't do too many different illustrators for this SAL.  I don't want to have to chart my own designs for it!

Here is the whole piece:



I finished all the larger motifs between the blocks plus the green leaves and I am now working on all the roses, hearts and butterflies.   One colour at a time.  The vines will come with the beads at the end.

The second project is also Alice themed but I will save that for the IHSW post tomorrow as I'll be working on it some more tonight.


Finally, Mini asked me to let you all know that she has a Gifted Gorgeousness Giveaway on her post here:







9 comments:

Purple Pixie Dust said...

WOW that's quite the stitching. Look forward to seeing it finished. Nice job so far. hugs

Barb said...

What a fun stitch. I do like the designs outside of the cards. Yes, I would not want to do too much of my own charting!!

Mary said...

Another very detailed project you are starting!! I'm impressed with the complexity of this one! It will be enjoyable to see all the different cards! What a great idea for a coordinating card holder!

Kaisievic said...

Jo,I am loving this project and that floss card - how clever you are! Just pondering a digital subscription to Cross Stitcher just so I can do this project as I am enjoying watching you do yours. You know that I love everything that you do and I am doing so well with my stitching this year - lots of motivation and inspiration from everywhere and so far lots of finishes! I agree with you on Tenniel's rabbit being much better.

Katie said...

Gorgeous work on everything.

Christine said...

I knew something didn't ring quite true about that rabbit! The main reason I started this SAL was because the teaser in the magazine seemed to suggest it used the Tenniel illustrations (which would make sense as I think they're in the public domain now), I'll be quite cross if it moves away from them

Julie said...

Alice is looking superb.
Love your playing card thread holder, that's a great idea.

Rachel said...

I do like the White Rabbit although wouldn't have known it was by a different designer. The Alice border is looking fantastic too; I love seeing it come together little by little each time you show it. :)

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress, and I love yout thread holder! Alice and the rabbit go together well, but I agree, hopefully, there won't be too many different illustrators.