Translate

Friday 30 August 2019

August TUSAL

This is going to be a very quick post as I forgot to include the TUSAL with my Smalls post!  The TUSAL is the Totally Useless SAL created by Daffycat where we all show our ORTS.


The design is my Summer Holiday Project - Just Nan's Summer Night which is going to be a finish very soon.  One boy goes back on Tuesday and one on Wednesday so with a bit of luck Wednesday will be finish day.


Tusal


Finally, this is a photo of a statue in the Fitzwilliam Museum in Cambridge which we visited this holiday.  I know how this mother feels after 6 weeks of school holiday!

Maternal Affection by Edward Hodges Baily

Description:- The child rests on the left side of her back, snuggling against her, and kissing her left cheek, while touching her right with his left hand. She holds her left arm out behind her to support the child's right foot, and turns the upper part of her body to the front, leaning her right elbow on her left thigh, and raising her hand towards the child.

While thinking "hold still, stop wriggling or you'll fall off"!









7 comments:

Christine said...

Can you imagine being the model who had to pose with her baby for that????

Mary said...

Beautiful statue. I hope you get the Summer Night finished too, it's a lovely stitch. I throw out my orts!!

Barb said...

How cute! I love Summer Nights, what pretty colors!

Rachel said...

Ah, that brings back memories as both of mine are 'way too old' to accept affection from me now! One of mine returns Thursday, the other Friday thanks to two INSET days - just what we need after 6 weeks of holiday!! :)

Leonore Winterer said...

That poor statue, haha! I hope to see your summer project finished soon.

Katie said...

Beautiful work and good luck finishing it up. Lovely statue. Thanks for sharing.

Astrids dragon said...

I'm catching up and it's Thursday, have you finished yet?! I hope so, it's very pretty.
Wiggly baby, don't fall!