Translate

Wednesday 15 April 2015

Gifted Gorgeousness April Link Up Post

  Gifted Gorgeousness

For newbies, this is my first year long SAL.  Click on the picture above for the full details.

We will be posting and linking up on the 15th of each month, because it is 2015.  Should be easy to remember.

There has been plenty of Gifted Gorgeousness going on this month, both giving and receiving.  I visited my Aunt and was able to present Baby Albert with his very own sampler.  I also completed the square for the Stitching Out Stigma project and sent that off to the organisers.  You can see the squares they have already received in their Gallery.

But mostly I have been stitching on pieces which were gifts to me:

Scarlet Letter - Elizabeth Shephard

Prairie Moon - Thine is the Trick and the Treat
 
Sweetheart Tree - Tudor Rose
(very close to finishing this so only showing a small part!)
 
Lizzie*Kate - Autumn Sampler Snippet

I also received a lovely stitching related gift from Jocondine.  She has been hosting a great quiz each week based on French towns all of which relate to needlework in some way.  So far we have visited Alencon, Bayeaux, Pont l'Abbe and Richelieu.  My name and Jacquie's name were the first two drawn to receive a little something and here it is:

 
A close-up of the cup-purse

 
Thanks you, Jocondine!


I also received a total surprise gift.  I've always enjoyed taking part in Round Robins where a group of stitchers take turns to stitch on a piece for each other.  Apart from the odd late mailer I've never had a problem until the Large Mirabilia RR in 2013.  Basically, mine vanished in the postal system.  I waited and waited hoping that it had been mistakenly sent by surface mail instead of airmail but nothing arrived.  The other participants were just as upset as I was and offered to restitch the piece.  And then it went quiet.  I tried to forget about it as I know that real life often gets in the way of our stitching. And then, out of the blue a parcel arrived from New Zealand.  I couldn't think of anything I was expecting so it was a complete shock to see a re-stitched Mirabilia Round Robin!

I'd chosen the Birth Month Fairies and asked everyone to stitch June, July and August leaving September for me as it is my birth month.  So here is my piece with the first three fairies complete and only the centre and September to be stitched by me:


Thank you Karen, Julie and Andie, you guys are the Best!

And now over to you - Here is the place for you to link up so we can see what Gifted Gorgeousness you have been stitching so far this year.  Please use your name or your blog name in the field NOT the words "April Update" so I can easily see who has linked up this month.  
And link to the actual post, not just your blog.  
Thank you.  I can amend links if you make a boo-boo though.

*

*


Finally, I'm having a giveaway this month.  There are seven charts up for grabs, pictured on my Blogaversary post.  All you have to do is pop over there and leave a comment telling me which are your favourite three charts.  Everyone who links up for the GG gets an extra chance in the draw.  Draw closes 30th April which is when the link-ups close too.

35 comments:

Barb said...

Your post is so full of great stitching!! I just love "Thine is the Trick... I have the chart and am thinking of doing some of the motifs as ornaments for my Halloween tree.

Heather said...

Awwww that is so sweet they redid that! Hopefully your old one got sent to a wrong address and they just loved it too much to send it back.

Anonymous said...

Yoohoo is good to be the first to check in.. Lol.. I love the cup pouch. is so cute.. Fab stitching

Kate said...

Wonderful progress, Jo! Those fairies are beautiful; have fun stitching September.

Stitching Noni said...

Great progress!
What wonderful people stitcher's are! Your RR is gorgeous and it was so sweet of the girls to restart it for you :o)
Hugs xx

Ariadne said...

What agreat surprise that was indeed!Stitchers are the best!Well sea glassers are too LOL!AriadnefromGreece!

Brigitte said...

So much lovely stitching on your different pieces. These faiies are just wonderful, and I'm looking forward to seeing the Seprember fairy that you will stitch.

Anonymous said...

Lovely stitching - The Sweetheart Tree one looks very pretty and I'm looking forward to seeing that.
I'm so glad your RR was rescued it looks beautiful.
Happy Wednesday Jo x

Sarah in Stitches said...

Beautiful stitching! Lovely goodies, too. It was so sweet of them to re-stitch your Round Robbin! That's amazing. Enjoy! :D

jocondine said...

So lovely and magic RR. Can't wait to see Tudor Roses finish. xxx

Vickie said...

OH WOW! Those fairies!!! L♥ve!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful post which confirms my experience that stitchers are some of the world's nicest and most generous people. I can't wait to see the final finished piece.

Elfie said...

Lovely stitching, as usual. Your fairies are just beautiful, and I love that your RR group restitched it for you. I used to love RRs but two of my last three RR projects didn't return to me, and I just haven't had the heart to join another.

Julie said...

Tudor Rose looks wonderful, cant wait to see that all finished.
How wonderful the ladies restitched your RR, what a nice group that was to belong to.

Mini said...

I love your SOS piece .How wonderful to get the RR piece back!!

Bea said...

Your stitching progress is wonderful and what a cute cup purse! Stitchers really are the best - how thoughtful of them to restitch your RR. It's lovely.

Kerryp77 said...

How wonderful to have the replacement stitched for you. I lost 2 RR's in the post it's very sad when it happens

Stitching in the country said...

Great progress. Lovely pieces

DJ said...

Wonderful stitching and lovely patterns!! I would have a difficult time choosing which one to stitch on! I've updated my blog with my gifted gorgeousness entry, but it pales in comparison to what you've been working on! Thanks again for hosting this SAL!!

Lady Stitch-a-Lot said...

Your stitching looks so lovely =) Great projects =)

sunny said...

How awesome that your friends restitched your RR! Beautiful.

lynda said...

You've been quite busy! Lovely stitching!

EvalinaMaria said...

Wow, the progress is awesome!

butterfly said...

Lovely stitching Jo , so happy you have your R/R back what great friends to restitch it all .
I wonder where all these missing parcels go !

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great progress on some lovely pieces :)
I'm a day late but am really loving GG - thanks Jo :)

Lili said...

Lovely stitching! " Tudor Rose" looks amazing, love the colours!!
Hugs,
Lili

Christine said...

Lovely stitching! I'm so happy that you got your RR eventually

rosey175 said...

Oh, how nice of them to restitch the RR the postal demons ate. I am scared of RR for this reason.

Lovely work on your GG pieces (shame on the cheater pic of the Tudor Rose :b) and congrats on your little stash win. Particularly the coins, so neat.

Minnie said...

Everything is so beautiful, I finished this one gift, will have to find something for the rest of the year.

Justine said...

How lovely that the RR piece was restitched! It's beautiful. I love the gifts you received from Jocondine too.

Gwen said...

You have accomplished a lot, love it all. It was very generous to the group to re-stitch your RR , looking forward to seeing the other fairies.

gominam said...

Lovely stitching as always;)

Kaisievic said...

Jo, I am so glad that your RR had a happy ending especially as I know how much you love your RRs. Your GG stitching looks so good this month.

Chris said...

Such an array of different designs, all beautifully stitched.

Gillie said...

Sheesh, I'm living on the edge...only two days left of the link up......MUST DO BETTER!