Translate

Saturday 11 April 2015

A Most Eggcellent Post

(sorry Christine!)
 
 
Last Friday was the annual Easter Treasure Hunt Blog Hop, where all my followers hop around like Easter Bunnies looking for the letters on the blogs listed to spell out the Mystery Phrase.  Today is the Big Reveal Day.  The phrase you all managed to find was
 
An Eggstravaganza
 
 
You all did Eggstraordinarily well to discover the phrase!
 
 
I would usually pick two names to win a prize but this year I am rolling it up into my Blogaversary Giveaway.  So if you were a picture poster or a treasure hunt hopper please have a look at the previous post to this one and let me know your top three charts from those listed.  Everyone who joined in with the Treasure Hunt gets an extra chance in the draw.
 
This week I have been stitching something very unseasonal, Lizzie*Kate's Autumn.  I have already stitched Spring in this series and have Summer in my stash.  All I need is Winter for the full set.
 
 
I stitched this over one on 28 count blue evenweave using most of the recommended DMC conversion.  The original design had a leaf button but I used a pumpkin instead.  I also had a cunning plan to avoid stitching all that green hill.  I coloured it in using a fabric pen!  I did the same on the Spring design and it looks great, as well as saving a lot of time.


I've scrapbooked the finish, just mounting it on two squares of coloured card along with a Knotted Tree design from the 2012 JCS Hallowe'en Ornie mag.  There is a companion to that which I will mount with these two once I have stitched it.

 
I also added some metallic leaf stickers:

 

As we've been at home for the school holidays I've had a little time to organise my stash.  I've been sorting through my charts to make sure I know what is where.  I'm also listing them so it's easier to see what I want to include on my targets next year.  Gosh, I'm looking ahead there!
 
Finally, I just heard from our dear mutual friend Jacquie that she is back in hospital again.  So if Hannah hasn't updated the blog for her, you know where she is.  She usually has internet access in hospital so will appreciate any comments you leave for her.
 
 

 


33 comments:

Anonymous said...

A lovely post Jo.

Love your Autumn finish x

Vickie said...

Very clever with the fabric pen!
I. LOVE. that. bunny!

Shebafudge said...

Gorgeous finish! I love the finished scrapbook page and a great idea with the pen.

Kerryp77 said...

Gorgeous finish jo, colouring the hill was so clever, I couldn't tell until the second picture!

Cross Stitch Claire said...

What a clever idea to use a pen! I love your pumpkin too!

cheryl said...

Oh your little (clappity clappity) bunny is so adorable! Congratulations on your finish - love the pumpkin charm.

rosey175 said...

Haha, cheater! :b Whatever saves a few stitches~ The scrapbook page looks great. :D

KimM said...

Love your stitching - "clappity clappity" - HA!
xxx

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finish Jo. That little bunny is adorable.

Linda

Bea said...

Scrapbook page looks great and those are lovely autumn designs. Bunny is adorable.

Kate said...

Brilliant idea, Jo, to use a fabric pen for the hill! :)

Barb said...

What a terrific idea about the pens. Lots of the same stitching can be less than fun to stitch. Your scrapbook idea is also a great one! I am stitching autumn too. Of course, you really can't stitch too much Autumn!

Jan Gartlan said...

I love the clapping bunny. You finish of your pieces so beautifully

Preeti said...

Your stitching and scrapbook page is looking pretty!!
If at all you have taken any before and after pics , then please try to link up to my Messy to Classy.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Beautiful stitching! I love your time-saving technique :D Great autumn scrap-booking too!

Annette-California said...

Congrats on your finishes! Love how you used the pens! Great idea and it looks amazing!
Beautiful!! love Annette

Christine said...

So you should be!
Great Autumn finish

Lili said...

Very pretty Autumn piece!!

jocondine said...

Love this autumn finish. Must try your idea of fabric pen. A grandson drawing on stitch fabric on which I could add cross stitching. ;) Hugs

Ariadne said...

Great idea to paint the background! Can I have the link for Jacquie's blog?AriadnefromGreece!

Leonore Winterer said...

What a lovely finish, even if out of season :D

Julie said...

The pumpkin addition to your Autumn finish is perfect, the page looks splendid.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your autumn finish is just lovely

Kaisievic said...

Sorry I missed the Easter bloghop this year - most remiss of me. Lovely finish and a good trick with the colour pen. Love the way you have scrapbooked the two designs and thanks for letting us know about Jacquie.

gominam said...

What a beautiful finish!

Deb said...

Well done! Cute finish!

Anonymous said...

the easter egg hunt was really fun and I love the blog-hopping.. thank you for organizing it and also hope is not too late to wish you a Happy 4th Blog-anniversary. :D

Mrs Milkybar Kid said...

Great finishes Jo - love the idea to scrapbook them too!

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely stitching, Autumn is simply really pretty!

Stitching Noni said...

Loved the Easter Hunt!!
What a great way to show off your stitching :o)
Hugs xx

the grey tail said...

I loved the Easter Blog Hop!
and your L*K cottage looks lovely, I like the pumpkin charm, and that fabric colouring trick - our witty Jo!
you'll have some fun with your colouring pens soon, I can tell you ;)

Katie said...

Great post! Love the Easter puns. Beautiful finish! Love the way you finished them.

The Crafty Princess said...

Oh wow Autumn looks really cool. I much prefer the pumpkin ornament too. The 2 finished pieces look fantastic. Love love loooovvvvvveeee it!
xo Alicia