Translate

Saturday 5 October 2024

October Plans

At the start of the year I made a list of 24 projects I want to stitch this year for my "24 in '24".  The order I stitch them in is going to be determined by the WIPGO Board.  Jessie-Marie calls two numbers each month and those will be the two projects I stitch that month.  One small and one medium.


In September, the numbers were 4 and 11.  These related to TraLaLa Couer de Sorciere and Hands on Design [never.more].  I have completed both of them now.


stitched on 32 count Taupe evenweave

stitched on 32 count Khaki linen

It would be nice to get these both FFO'd before the 10th, wouldn't it?


In October, the numbers are 8 and 17.  These relate to Cottage Garden Samplings' Halloween Sampler and Drawn Thread's Spot of Summer.



The Halloween sampler was always going to be my Dark October project regardless of when it was called so I allocated that as number 8.  I started this in January for Dark 13 and stitched one word per month. Here's where I was before the start of October:



Here's where I am now - 5 days and 5 new words added

stitched on 40 count Witches Brew linen from Zweigart


My evening piece is supposed to be Spot of Summer from Drawn Thread but I haven't started it yet.  I am thinking of rolling this one and Spot of Autumn over to next year.



Instead I have been stitching the Steady Thread Halloween SAL:


stitched on 30 count tea-dyed linen

I'm not keeping up with the releases, this is still only Part 1 but it's a lovely stitch and I'm really enjoying it so I'll keep going with it.


Finally, I have got behind on my blog posting again so don't be surprised if an older post pops up in your Reader!






No comments: