Translate

Monday 21 October 2024

October IHSW

 


IHSW or International Hermit and Stitch Weekend always starts on the third Friday of the month.  It's a chance to lock yourself away and focus on your stitching for the weekend.  You can take part on your blog or via the Facebook page - IHSW on Facebook.


This year I am trying something different for IHSW - an A-Z Challenge!  These usually take place in April and people stitch one letter every day except Sunday.  I don't want to swap projects daily so thought I could do 2 or 3 letters per IHSW instead.

The letters R and S were designated for October.  I don't have an R project so I went with three S projects which were actually the three projects I have been stitching all month!


First up was Cottage Garden SAMPLINGS and Halloween SAMPLER.

I had finished all the words and now have the motifs to work on.  It started here:


And finished here:

stitched on 40 count Witch's Brew linen from Zweigart

Next up was the Halloween Blackwork from The STEADY Thread, from here:


To here, completed the Home Sweet Home sampler, added some colour and a little bit of the lacy border, then almost all of the Witch picture:

stitched on 30 count tea-dyed linen

The third project is my Temperature Tree, again from The STEADY Thread.  That went from here:


To here, with a lot more of the border done:


and back down to green leaves again:

stitched on 28 count Meadow Mist linen from Silkweavers


Next month will be T, U and V.  Except I don't have anything for U or V so it will just be T projects.  I do have plenty of those!


Finally the next IHSW will be 15th - 17th November so make sure you note the date in your diary or come and join us in the Facebook Group - IHSW on Facebook. If you don't do Facebook then you can check in here by leaving a comment on my post.



No comments: