Translate

Friday 30 April 2021

April Smalls, Stitch From Stash and Pie

  

The Smalls SAL is hosted by Mary's Thread


This year my Smalls will be the Stoney Creek 12 Days of Christmas 2019 Ornament series which I started on Boxing Day 2020 for the 12 Days of Stitchmas.

April was Four Calling Mallards Birds:

stitched on 32 count Lime Green evenweave

I added April to my Tiny Modernist Calendar

stitched on 32 count Summer Sky Belfast linen from Silkweavers


I completed Mrs Claus from Autumn Lane Stitchery.  I even framed her but that will wait until the FFO Gallery!

stitched on 28 count tea-dyed evenweave

I didn't stitch another Christmas Ornament because I used the time to stitch another seasonal design for my Easter Treasure Hunt Blog Hop.  This is Ostara from The Primitive Hare:

stitched with one strand on 35 count cream linen


At the tail end of April I completed my fourth Just Nan Mischievious Mouse.  This is Pumpkin Mouse:

stitched on 28 count Burnt Orange evenweave


On to the Pie, which looks like this for April:


You can see I spent half the month stitching on my Chatelaine, Gardens of London.  Some of those days were quite short but I achieved my goal of completing one telephone box and one guardsman.  The final two days I spent outlining some of the smaller gardens with metallic thread.  There is a LOT of backstitch to complete.



stitched on 32 count Cotton Clouds Belfast from Crafty Kitten

Gardens of London came up in the WIPGO call for May so I will get another week on it in May.


You've already seen the Bothy Threads 12 Days project where I have completed the first day.  It took a total of 14 days for that block which is a good indicator of how long I can expect the project to take!


Country Cottage Needlework's Main Street was just three days to finish the second shop in my Spooky Conversion.  I changed the Coffee Shop to a Broom Shop.

From this:


to this:



I kept the basic colour scheme of peach and green but changed it to a more orange shade and a limey-green  The window and door frames are dark brown and the fence went black. While the tree became an autumnal tree using DMC 4130, a variegated red/orange/brown.   Tiny changes to the shape of the roof and chimney pots.

I also added brooms in the window, a broom vertical door handle and a broom-stand instead of one of the fences.  Inbetween the two shops I added a little street light.


Here's the whole thing so far:

stitched on 32 count Murano in Charcoal Slate from Sparklies

This one has also come up for May's WIPGO so I will be starting another shop in May.


Stitch from Stash was fine, I bid on a piece of Crafty Kitten fabric in her sale and scored some bargain Just Nan charts on eBay (again).  The magazine sub and Mr. Linky sub are exempt from SFS so that's OK.




Finally, the final Stitch Maynia starts tomorrow!  As in previous years I will be completing my Just Nan-a-thon where I stitch on one Just Nan small per evening.  The list currently stands at 16 started in 2018 and 7 started in 2020 which leaves 8 new starts for this year.

Here's where I left off last year, 8 of these have been completed since then:






11 comments:

Vickie said...

Mrs. Claus really makes me smile. Look at that hat!!!

Mary's Thread said...

You've been working on so many little things! I love that guard, he is really nice. And Mrs. Claus is adorable! Thanks for joining the SAL!

Linda said...

Awesome post Jo. Love all of your projects.

Linda

Aubrey Marie said...

Your work is always so satisfying to see. Love the spooky conversions!

butterfly said...

Wonderful stitching Jo , I must say you stitch some beautiful designs .
I always like to see what you are stitching on.
Enjoy your weekend.

Carol said...

So many cute smalls, Jo! I especially love the little pumpkin mouse finish and Mrs. Claus! Hope you have a relaxing stitch-filled weekend.

Marcy said...

So many nice projects - love the broom shop.

Kate said...

Love your projects, Jo, especially the mallards!

Susan said...

Love the Mrs. Claus. I have both patterns, just need to give myself the time to stitch them. The calling mallard made me smile. Your spooky conversion is looking great - like it more than the original. Very nice progress on your Chatelaine. Martina liked her backstitching.

Annie said...

I've also started on the Cheryl McKinnon/Tiny Modernist Calendar and just blogged about it:D It's so cute, isn't it? I'm thorougly enjoy working on it.

Leonore Winterer said...

There is so much going on in this post! Lovely smalls, especially the last mouse. It's oddly satisfying how the Chatelaine takes up exactly have the month there! And I love the little guardsman, he's very cute. That broom shop is really great as well, love how you are thinking with this conversion :)