Translate

Saturday 2 January 2021

The People Chose The Designer of 2020

   


This SAL is all about what you want to see on the blog. Each month I ask for suggestions for themes and then put them up to the members of the IHSW Group on FB to vote for their choice. This is what they have chosen:

January - Designer of the Year 2020
February - Birds
March - Spring

This month's theme is the Designer you most enjoyed stitching in 2020.  So not necessarily your all-time favourite or the one you stitched the most.  Maybe you only stitched one small but it was the most fun thing you stitched last year.

I had a good long think and look back through the last year's stitching in an attempt not to choose Just Nan!   I came up with two choices - Hands on Design and CCN (Country Cottage Needlework).

I stitched three of the Hands on Design Scary Apothecary series last year, all on a wonderful bright green fabric from Chromatic Alchemy.  Then I found the perfect frame for them:


I have another three on the list for 2021 and the final three for 2022.

The CCN design was a conversion I have been planning for some time.  I really like the Main Street series but wanted a spooky version.  The first shop I built is the Grimoires Bookshop:


I used the yellow/purple colourway from the original shop but made them more appropriate shades for a spooky village.   I darkened the books and gave the tree autumn foliage.

In the plans for 2021, I have three more shops on the list.  I don't know which one will be next yet!  I shall see what I feel like when it comes up in the rotation.


Now it's over to you.  All you have to do is make a post on the theme of The Designer You Most Enjoyed in 2020, mention The People's Choice SAL (you can copy the picture I used at the top of this post and in my side bar) and my blog.  Please link up using the URL of the actual blog post, not the home page of your blog.  I look forward to seeing what you all post.


*

*


Finally, I need your suggestions for the next poll.  Any thing, no matter how obscure, weird or random will go into the poll.  Keep the theme suggestions to a single word or two - so you could have Cats, or Blue, or Holidays, or Warmth etc.  Really anything which could be illustrated in cross stitch.




9 comments:

Rachel said...

Thanks for hosting! I made a mistake with my post but never mind.
Funny how the Scary Apothecary and Main Street conversions are also both Halloween themed. Do you have two more matching frames for the other Scary Apothecary designs?
It must have been difficult to pin down the most fun to stitch designs; if nothing else the Radioactive fabric must have helped! :)

Mary said...

Love your series on that fun green fabric. My favorite stitch was of course a Brenda Gervais, I think I feel about her patterns the way you do about Just Nan!! Have a great New Year!

Susan said...

Perfect conversion on your CCN piece. The green is perfect on your Hands on Design pieces. You always find the perfect frames.

Linda said...

Love your conversion Jo.

Linda

Kaisievic said...

Hi Jo, thanks for hosting this again. I love both Hands on Design and CCN designs - both are great designers. May I suggest houses as a theme?

jocondine said...

I have put on my winter gloves for this first You Choose post, love the idea of the spooky Main Street. Will you add some phosphorescent threads on some houses? xxx

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

That bright green fabric for your Hands On designs is amazing.
I, too, was able to choose a designer that was not Just Nan! :)

Katie said...

I need to try to participate in this again. I kept forgetting last year. Great work on your pieces. I've stitched a lot of HoD pieces and have many more going now too.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great post and topic this month! Got mine up - spoiler alert - I'm taking over Just Nan duty for you ;)