Translate

Saturday 26 December 2020

December Smalls

  


The Smalls SAL is hosted by Mary's Thread


This year my Smalls have been my JBW 12 Days of Christmas ornaments which I started on Boxing Day 2019 for the 12 Days of Stitchmas.

stitched on 40 count white linen

I also completed another Gift of Stitching magazine design - Sugar Plum Tree by Rosewood Manor from December 2007:

stitched on 32 count mid green linen

This is from the Just Cross Stitch Ornament Special 2019 and was the September choice for the JCS FB group. Silvery Lace Snowflake from Works by ABC. Or Golden Lace Ornament as it now is:


stitched on 32 count burgundy linen

I also completed the Just Nan Owl Winder Pocket:

stitched on 28 count Tan Jobelan

A couple of people asked "what is an owl winder?"  It was a round piece of metal shaped as an owl face than you could wind your thread round, rather like a bobbin.  Very beautiful but very expensive which is why I don't have one.  I will make this up into a pocket next year and find something else to go in it.  Maybe a cardboard or thin wood shape?

Having completed last year's 12 Days of Stitchmas, I have now started this year's design:

stitched on 32 count Lime Green evenweave

This is the 2019 Stoney Creek Ornament series the lovely DJ sent me because I admired her's so much!  I will start one every day from 26th December to 6th January and finish one per month as I have done in previous years.

I will be posting my daily progress in the new 12 Days of Christmas Cross Stitching group on FB as well as sharing them here.


Finally, a big Thank You to everyone who took part in the Advent Calendar Blog Hop this year.  As usual, it was a great success and I loved hearing what your favourite books are.  Many people chose mine - The Christmas Carol.  It was interesting to hear how many different audio versions there are and which ones you all prefer too.







10 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

A super collection of Smalls, well done on your 2020 12 days and good luck with your new set. Thank you for organising the Blig Hop, it was great fun

Christine said...

Lovely stitching, I really like the lacy one

Paula H said...

Jo, your work is lovely as always! I especially love that Rosewood Manor ornament; I'll have to pull that issue out and mark it.
A Christmas Carol is one of my favorite books, and I listen to several audio versions and watch several movie versions each year. Audible did a version this tear that was free to members and is done with a cast. I thought it was well done and enjoyed it alot. I'm not sure if it is available for purchase, but I imagine it would be.

Mary said...

A lovely group of smalls!! Difficult to pick a favorite! Merry Christmas!

Leonore Winterer said...

The Owl Winder project is very cute, I'm looking forward to seeing that one finished up. Hooray for a new 12 days start, very much looking forward to seeing this one coming to live!

Susan said...

Beautiful, as usual. I like the variety of themes and designers you stitch, but I am always going to be partial to those Just Nans.

Katie said...

Beautiful work this year. I look forward to cheering you along next year.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

A great selection of smalls, Jo.
The advent blog hop was good fun.

Rachel said...

Great Smalls again for the month. Looking forward to seeing your new 12 Days of Christmas project take shape next year. :)

Astrids dragon said...

Sweet Christmas smalls and I'm happy to see fall already!