Translate

Sunday 15 November 2020

November Gifted Gorgeousness Link-up Post

 


Welcome to the November Gifted Gorgeousness link-up.  The link-up date continues to be the 15th and I will keep the link-up open until the end of each month so you have plenty of time if you are late posting.

The format remains exactly the same, there is a list of rules on the main sign-up page if you want to check what is required but basically anything connected to the word "gift" is allowed, whether it was a gift TO you or is a gift FROM you.

Back in September I stitched on my Chatelaine a lot and decided to pick it up again in November to complete the fourth Garden.  Here's where I started this month:

stitched on 32 count Cotton Clouds Belfast from Crafty Kitten

And here is where I am now:


This was a gift for my special Birthday in 2016, a lot of my friends sent skeins of threads which I have labelled with their name so I think of them as I stitch.

Because of Dark October, I did not stitch my JBW 12 Days of Christmas last month, so I have two to show this month.  The charts were gifts from friends.

stitched on 40 count white linen

As usual I will add the beads when I finish the set of three.  I am not sure why the Leaping Lord is a stag but I do like him.  He is a Lord of the Forest.

I have decided to continue with my Dark Stitching on the 13th of every month so I spent a day on Scream House.  The chart was a gift from a destashing stitcher and the border thread was a gift from Mouse.  I stitched almost all of the floor:

stitched on 28 count Wood Violet linen from Permin

I am also using a gifted thread on my Just Nan Sampler SAL design; Snowfire Christmas.  The red is a Dinky Dyes silk called Pilbara which was a gift from Stitching Noni:

stitched on 28 count Burgundy Linen
(same colour as DMC 816)

 
Now it is your turn to show us your Gifted Gorgeousness for the month.  Please use your name or your blog name in the field and NOT the words "November Update" so I can easily see who has linked up this month.  And link to the actual post, not just your blog.  It is easier if you copy and paste the link, rather than typing freehand.

*

*

๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ…๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„

Finally, it's time to sign up for the Advent Calendar Blog Hop!  For this hop, each participant is allocated a day in December to make their post on.  They will show something they have stitched on a Christmas theme and answer the topic question I set.   I then copy their photo onto my blog post in the style of an Advent Calendar.

So if you'd like to join in, please leave a comment or send me an email.  Let me know if there is a date you would particularly like or one you'd like to avoid.  I will be in touch towards the end of the month!

Here is a link to last year's so you can see how it works:




14 comments:

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

Yeah, its Christmas Time, well Advent Time..what question will be posed this year, what will I stitch..will I have time to fit in something new (I always start last moment stitches this time of year and people keep having babies). Looking forward to participating again this year.

Elfie said...

Beautiful stitching as usual. I do love your 12 Day set. Please add me to the Advent Calendar Blog Hop. I really enjoyed it last year.

Barb said...

So much pretty stitching. It's a great idea to stitch dark on the 13th of each month! I hope to see the 12 days all finished soon.

Clare-Aimetu said...

As always your stitching is super, what a fun thing for the 13th. I haven't felt very chatty the last few months, the Blog Hop will be a good way to catch up so please add me in, thanks.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I like the red fabric for your Snowfire Christmas.
I've been mainly knitting recently but looking at your stitching I can feel the withdrawal symptoms getting stronger :)

DJ said...

What lovely stitching! Your garden for the Chatelaine is looking lovely! It will be so beautiful when it's finished!! You already know how much I love your 12 days!! So sweet and small!! I can't wait to see your scream house when it's finished...I love the color of the fabric you are stitching it on. Snowfire Christmas is beautiful, it looks so striking on the red fabric! Thanks for hosting GG again, it really keeps me motivated to stitch on things people have given me! I would love to participate in your advent calendar again this year! Happy Stitching!

Sheryl said...

A lot of pretty stitching on very different charts. The Snowfire Christmas looks gorgeous.

Christine said...

Great stitching, I love the way the JN is coming out on that red linen
Please sign me up for the advent calendar

Beth in IL said...

I'll do the Advent Hop. I'm not doing anything else. ;) You do such a lovely job keeping up with all the SAL's. Love your Chatelaine.

Rachel said...

It's lovely to see so much gifted stash being used; just a thread here and there makes for so much Gifted Gorgeousness and so many lovely projects. :)

Katie said...

Great work on everything.

jocondine said...

Love the leaping Lord and the fabric is perfect for the snowfire. xxx

Leonore Winterer said...

Great Gift stitching! Love that red silk you picked for Snowfire.

'strid said...

Sweet 12 days so far, I like the stag.
Your Snowfire Christmas is going to look lovely when finished.