Translate

Saturday 5 September 2020

The People Chose Geometric


This SAL is all about what you want to see on the blog.  Each month I ask for suggestions for themes and then put them up to the members of the IHSW Group on FB to vote for their choice.  This is what they have chosen:

September - Geometric
October - Wizards
November - Magic

Looking at my projects and other people's blogs it does seem that Geometric is more associated with patchwork or needlepoint than with cross stitch.  I do have a couple of projects which come under the category.

The first one is a little old, according to the receipt I bought it in March, 2000 and the kit cost CAN$56 or £25.00.  (I just checked the RoEx and that would now be £32 so I got a bargain!  This design is called Southwest Garden by Karen E. Dudzinski of Textured Treasures.  I bought the kit at the Olympia Stitching Show and I have a feeling it was Karen who served us.  I stitched it straight away.

stitched on 28 count Carnation Pink evenweave

Close-up of one corner:


It's stitched in a mixture of DMC, Flower Threads, Needle Necessities Fibres, and Rainbow Gallery fibres plus some Perle cotton and a silver metallic.

The cover picture has a rather fancy mat around it which means I have never gotten it framed because I couldn't find anyone to fussy cut a triple mat for a reasonable price.  I should just get a square frame and get it up on the wall!

I have a couple of freebies from Gazette94 which come under the geometric banner:




Now it's over to you.  All you have to do is make a post on the theme of Geometric, mention The People's Choice SAL (you can copy the picture I used at the top of this post and in my side bar) and my blog. Please link up using the URL of the actual blog post, not the home page of your blog. I look forward to seeing what you all post.

*

*

Finally, I need your suggestions for the next poll. Any thing, no matter how obscure, weird or random will go into the poll. Keep the theme suggestions to a single word or two - so you could have Cats, or Blue, or Holidays, or Warmth etc. Really anything which could be illustrated in cross stitch.


Looking forward to reading them all!


11 comments:

jocondine said...

No so easy this month but I found a trick (not a shoehorn) which is good for next October theme too. Funny to find hearts in both of our post, yours are lovely, big work on the Southwest Garden. I realise I got a small hardanger stitching that could have found a good place here. xxx

Sheryl said...

Beautiful stitching done on the Southwest Garden Jo, what a fabulous design, just the type I like, which includes a mixture of different stitches and threads. The colours are gorgeous too and you should certainly get it framed and displayed.

Clare-Aimetu said...

You certainly did bet a bargain, it's a lovely design. Your hearts are cute too. The only idea I can think of is cooking.

Linda said...

Lovely projects Jo.

Linda

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Southwest Garden is gorgeous. I haven't seen this design before.

Carol said...

Your stitching is just lovely in the Southwest Garden piece, Jo! That indeed does remind me so much of the southwest states... would love to visit them again when the pandemic is over :) Have a lovely week ahead!

Mini said...

I love the freebie from Gazette94 and the hearts of course.

Christine said...

The Southwest garden is stunning

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, that's a gorgeous pattern! Don't think I've seen that one before.

Katie said...

Beautiful stitching. Thanks for sharing.

Rachel said...

Oh gosh, Olympia... happy days of browsing many cross stitch stalls for kits and other stash you 'just had to have'. Shame there's nothing like that now; the last show I attended was relatively busy but such an eclectic mix of hobbies there were probably no more than three cross stitch stalls.
But your purchase - how gorgeous is that? I think a square mount would do it justice enough. I doubt you'll find anywhere willing to cut the fancy mount it's depicted with. :)