Translate

Friday 24 April 2020

April Smalls

The Smalls SAL is hosted by Mary's Thread

This year my Smalls will be my JBW 12 Days of Christmas ornaments which I started on Boxing Day 2019 for the 12 Days of Stitchmas.  I completed the Fourth Day in April:

stitched 1 over 2 on 40 count white linen

and I added beads to the first three designs:



I showed this design last time, minus the beads.  This is the cover kit from Cross Stitcher magazine issue :
stitched on 32 count white evenweave

I decided to join in with Rachel Ten Hours and Tiff Stitches and their Spring into Summer New Starts Binge.  I wasn't planning any new starts but I do want to take part in Stitch Maynia in May with my Just Nan smalls.  I have completed 8 of them since last May so need 8 new ones to fill the gaps.  I have started one each Friday this month.  The first one is Beach Roses:

stitched on 28 count pale blue linen

The next one is the Lady in Red Heart from Just Cross Stitch:

stitched on 32 count lilac linen

The third one is Love and Roses:

stitched on 28 count black Jobelan


And the fourth one for today is Rose Lady:

stitched on 32 count pale green linen

Another unplanned start and finish was this month's choice for the Just Cross Stitch Ornament SAL on Facebook.  I admin this group because the previous Admin dropped out but I don't usually stitch the ornaments.  However, this month we had Blue Ribbon Designs' Trimming the Tree.  One of my long term goals is to stitch all of this series.  I have done two so far and now a third!

stitched on 32 count Twilight Blue linen

using the charted DMC


Here is Roaming Reindeer and Woodsy Winter:

 



Finally, the lovely Clare from Aimetu's Stitching is asking for some help with her smalls.  Each year Clare decorates a tree for her church's Tree Festival with stitched ornaments.  I have donated ornaments in the past and this year she is asking us to join in again.  The theme is A Bouquet of Flowers.  All she needs is the stitched piece, she will fully-finish it for you.  Just leave a comment on Clare's blog to get involved.   (I include this each month as a reminder for myself!)





20 comments:

Claudette497 said...

Your finishes are lovely, I especially love the cardinal!

Barb said...

Nice pieces. Good job on them.

butterfly said...

WOW Jo you are stitching some lovely smalls .
Love looking at each one .
Have a happy stitching weekend .
Hugs .

diamondc said...

Jo: You are admired by many for your lovely projects and progress, I am looking forward to seeing the Lady IN Red Heart finished.
Have A Great Weekend
Stay Healthy

Catherine

Cathy said...

Lovely smalls this month!

Linda said...

Love all of your finishes and starts Jo. I love the Blue ribbon ornaments. Are they only available in the magazine?

Linda

Kaisievic said...

Great finish on the Cardinal and the Four Days - lots of lovely stitching this month, my dear.

Elfie said...

Lovely Smalls, as usual. I so admire your ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely smalls Jo, the added beads look great. Thank you for including my flower request, stay safe x

Mary said...

Jo, Love your latest stitches for the 12 days. That is so kind of you to include Clare's request for her tree each month. I hope her tree is filled to the brim!!

Barb said...

As usual, you have a wonderful collection of smalls. All these plus the big ones you are doing make you a super stitcher!

Christine said...

I love that Blue Ribbon Ornament

Bethan said...

Lots and lots of lovely smalls! Are all your new starts from stash? x

Katie said...

Oh I don't blame you for wanting to stitch those last three. They are beautiful! Great new starts. Enjoy. I am trying to come up with some May plans. We'll see.

Mary said...

Very pretty starts; the SAL looks like a lot of fun. I love your finishes, especially the Blue Ribbon Designs.

Julie said...

I get the gold star for spotting the Blue Ribbon LOL... its super, but the 12 Days get my vote in this post - they are stunning.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

A great selection of smalls, started and finished. I wouldn't want to have to choose just one but as you know, it would probably be a Just Nan.

Rachel said...

Lovely smalls! The beads make such a difference to the holly on the JBW ornies. Great starts on your new Just Nans too. I'll do a round-up post at the end of the new start binge and try to remember to link back to this one so your new starts are included. :)

Leonore Winterer said...

Lovely smalls!

Astrids dragon said...

So many lovely smalls! I love the reindeer and woodsy.