Translate

Sunday 28 July 2019

July WIPocalypse Stitching Drought - What's One of Those?

WIPocalypse
WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings

Each month we have to share the projects we want to complete before the End Of The World.  

Since 2011 I have chosen a number of projects to focus on that year, starting with my "11 in '11" and increasing to "19 in '19" for this year.  You can find the full list here.

This month I stitched on five of my list:

1. Enchanted Alphabet by Lavender & Lace




 stitched on 32 count Murano in Tiger Lily from Sparklies


2. Discworld Mappe by Lyndisfarne Designs

stitched on 32 count Murano custom-dyed by Sparklies

3. Summer Typography by Just Nan - Day 260

stitched on 32 count Pink Linen

4. My Lovely Sewing Tools by Marie Suarez

stitched on 40 count White linen

5. Summer Night by Just Nan 

stitched on 28 count Jobelan in Dragon Shades from Polstitches

Did you spot the Finish?  More details on that in my end of month Pie post!  See if you can spot the subtle personalistion too.

Measi always gives us a topic to discuss too.

July – How do you get yourself out of a stitching drought?

Apparently some people have periods of time when they don't stitch.  I don't mean a few hours when they are asleep or at work, but sometimes days or even months on end.  My younger son is 10 years and 5 months old.  When he was a newborn was the last time I didn't stitch every day.  I joined some stitching forums when he was a baby and started this blog just over 8 years ago.  Since I started blogging I have definitely stitched every day and probably for several months prior to that.  No-one starts a blog in a drought!

What would I do if the worst happened and my stitching bug was captured by aliens?  I think in the short term I would reorganise my stash and have a good look at my WIPs and unstarted projects.  If that didn't work then I would go for the 10-a-Day project.  For some time now I have had a Just Nan project on which my goal was to stitch just 10 stitches per day.  I have completed four designs in this way.  Even someone who has zero desire to stitch would be able to manage 10 small stitches a day.  And that might be enough to kick-start the bug again.

I just did a Google and it's 3,033 days since I started my blog.  So just for fun, let's say I have been stitching every day since 12th June, 2010 which makes three thousand, three hundred and thirty-three days of an unbroken run!


Finally:


The first postcard in the Summer Postcard Blog Hop has been sent out to:


so make sure you follow her blog and see who the card came from.







11 comments:

Linda said...

Great progress this month on all of your lovely projects Jo.

Linda

diamondc said...

Hi Jo: I love Disc World, it is really looking like a very interesting design, I am looking forward to seeing the finished design.
all you projects are lovely, Summer is so pretty, will you be framing or something else with this finish? just curious.
I have never really had a drought of stitching, I have as far as beading goes.
If my stitching bug was caught by aliens, I would cry hard very very hard.

Catherine

Barb said...

As usual, your projects are coming along so well. Will Enchanted Alphabet be finished by Halloween? I enjoyed your comment about a stitching drought. The number of days you have stitched is truly amazing. I do stitch almost everyday but since I stitch in the evenings, if we go out or have friends for dinner, I might miss a night here and there.

butterfly said...

Great stitching again Jo , love the Just Nan finish .

Tiffstitch said...

Love how you've managed to stitch every day. There are definitely days I've gone without stitching, but mostly because I've been knitting, so there are few days I haven't done any crafting, but there are some. That is a great streak!!

Christine said...

Super Summer? Is that the full set of Seasons now?

jocondine said...

"10 stitches per day" is really a good motto, must think of it for my retirement days (but 10 looks already too little!). xxx

RJ said...

Love all the progress you are making on so many wonderful stitches. I've been stitching for a long time but once took ten years off. But, since I started back hardly a day goes by without stitching. RJ@stitchingfriends

Leonore Winterer said...

You certainly are having a good run, haha! I don't know if I've actually gone a day without any stitching (or other crafting) in the last few years, but sometimes it's hard to find the time for more than a couple stitches.

Bethan said...

That's a very satisfying number of stitching days! Lovely summer finish too x

Astrids dragon said...

I love your summer finish, such beautiful colours.
Great progress on your Mappe and Sewing Tools.
That would be 3333 days of awesome stitching!