Those are two clues as to what I have been stitching this week, and here's another:
And here's a close-up of what I have stitched so far, along with my elephant thread holders. These were a cover gift from Cross Stitcher magazine but they came without holes so I simply used my hole punch and voila! They came with some cheap threads and the little ear stickers, some of which I can use.
This is roughly the area I have stitched so far:
In case you haven't guessed, this is The Discworld Mappe I bought from Lyndisfarne Cross Stitch Designs last year. The fabric is a custom dyed 32 count Murano from Sparklies and the threads are DMC.
It's a nice easy stitch as it's basically straight rows of one colour for the most part. The pale blue is the frozen sea and that was a little bit fiddly. The plan is to not stitch the sea or the space but use the fabric as the background. I'm going to stitch up and make sure the edge is more-or-less in the right place!
This is definitely a long-term project at 30 pages and I may have to change my plans for next year so I can stitch it every month. Along with my Chatelaine!
I did manage another small finish, my 30-a-day project which has been Just Nan's Victorian Rose: