Translate

Thursday 5 March 2015

WIPocalypse March Unlimited Money and Time

WIPocalypse
WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings

The focus of my WIPocalypse will be my "15 in '15"which are 15 charts I want to stitch in 2015 (following on from my "11 in '11", "12 in '12", "13 in '13" and "14 in '14" - imaginative, eh?)

This month I have stitched on three of my projects and completed one.  The completed piece is Madame Chantilly On The Beach which I posted about last post.  Here is a reminder of what it looks like:

Stitched on Kynance evenweave from Sparklies

I completed two block on Primitive Hare Hallowe'en Cubes (one for January and one for February):

Stitched on 32 count Vintage Grain

I have also being stitching a length a day on Prairie Moon Thine is the Trick and the Treat:

Stitched on 40 count hand-dyed linen

Measi also sets discussion topics for each month:

March  – If money – and time – were not limiters, what projects would be on your stitching bucket list?

For me, the time question is the major factor!  I don't have a lot of money to spend on my stitching habits (which is why I am so good at Stitch from Stash!) but I have so many magazines and downloaded freebies plus the lovely generousness which features in Gifted Gorgeousness I really don't feel too deprived that way!

So, if time was unlimited, I would stitch almost every Mirabilia chart, all the Just Nans and Teresa Wenztlers in my stash, all the monthly series I see around the internet, all the different SALs and group projects.  I would do more Round Robins and stitch a gift for everyone who enters my Blog Hops, stitched Birthday cards for all my followers and so on.

Money-wise there are few projects I would actually spend a lot on, I am too cautious for that!  But I saw this Cabinet of Curiousities and thought it was amazing.  Until I saw the price!  So that is one I would definitely go for.  

I would also love to attend more (any?) shows and retreats.  This one is coming up soon and I would so love to be able to go - Fili Senza Tempo Formigine.  I've also read about stitching cruises which sound amazing too.

Another long-term goal is my Grand Tour of the World visiting all the my blogging friends!  I'd buy one those Around The World Air Fares and stop off at various places, stay for a couple of days then move on to the next stitcher.  I'd take a big piece of fabric and be my own personal Round Robin!

But for now finances and children prevent those sorts of dreams so I can only visit you virtually.  On Tuesday I was stitching in spirit with Linda on the Satsuma Street Pretty Little London.  Here is my progress:

Stitched on 32 count Antique White linen

Regular commenters may have noticed that I have switched to Comment Moderation.  Don't worry, it's not a spam or stalker problem, it's a Yahoo issue.  I noticed that people with Yahoo accounts can leave comments but I don't get the email to let me know and to reply to.  I do like to reply to commenters so by moderating comments I get to see all the comments first and can respond to them all.

Finally, we are approaching Easter, the weekend 3rd - 6th April.  I will be hosting my Annual Easter Treasure Hunt again.  Each participant posts a picture of something stitched on an Easter or Spring theme along with a letter I allocate to them.  Over the Easter Weekend everyone hops around like a bunny, finds the Mystery Phrase the letters spell out and reports back here with it.  Prizes for the lucky winners chosen at random.  If you'd like to be a Picture Poster please drop me an email.

Here is the link to last year's Treasure Hunt if you are wondering how it all works - Easter-treasure-hunt-blog-hop 2014.  There are also lots of Easter and Spring themed freebies on my linked page at the top of the blog.  I have checked the links but if any don't work, please let me know.


20 comments:

KimM said...

Oh, I love your post! I'd, too, love to travel around the world and visit my bloggy friends…..your stitching progress is awesome!
xxx

Katy said...

Beautiful progress and I would be right there with you on the world travelling!

D1-D2 said...

Very nice post. I also saw that Cabinet of curiosity. The idea intrigued me, but I wasn't so in love with it I'd would pay the price lol.

Elfie said...

Enjoyed seeing your progress and reading your blog.

Sally said...

Lots of lovely progress Jo.

Katie said...

Great post! I agree with all your things you would like to do for sure.

Susan said...

Ooooo, great ideas! I'll join you on your trip. Great progress on everything and the finish is too cute.

Linda said...

Great progress on London Jo. I didn't get much done on my. Nice stitching and cute finish.

Linda

rosey175 said...

Glad I am not the only one who thinks Yahoo and Gmail aren't playing together! Nice fix though, hadn't considered that that would work.

I'm not sure I'd be able to stitch on a cruise! I can only stitch for limited time in a car, not due to car sickness... I just love to look at everything! And I love being on boats haha.

Hmm. For spring being my favorite season, I sure do seem to have a lack of spring stitches! Mayhaps next year?

Christine said...

Yes it's definitely that pesky time that is the limiting factor. I've been trying to grow a TARDIS but no luck yet!
I love the little London Bridge

Sarah in Stitches said...

Beautiful stitching! I know, it's hard to decide what to stitch if money and time weren't an issue. So many choices! :D

Brigitte said...

A lot of what you would be doing time and money allowing would also be my goals, lol. And here it's also the time thing which is more urgent than the money thing. If the day had twice as many hours I'd stitch my whole stash AND sew some quilts in between, lol. Just dreaming ...

Leonore Winterer said...

Nice finish and nice progress too! You're right, time mostly is the limiting factor...most stiching projects aren't really that expensive if you break it down to the time you spend on them :)

Michelle said...

Wonderful progress well done xx

EvalinaMaria said...

Lovely stitching as always. Good luck with 15 in 15!

jocondine said...

Love your Halloween's Cubes, the charts are great. xxx

CathieJ said...

Beautiful stitching.

diamondc said...

Great stitching, I have many things on my stitching list, I just went through all my wips and decided to get them done, ouch.

Catherine

Julie said...

You've had a great month Jo, I think time is a big factor for a lot of ladies. I like the idea of your 'in person' RR.

Anna van Schurman said...

I've suddenly noticed the same problem. I hate not seeing the comments in my inbox. I think I'd go with quitting my job, hiring cleaners and cooks, and stitching full time! :)