Translate

Thursday 12 March 2015

Pretty Little SAL

I'm doing a SAL with Linda and Kate for the Satsuma Street Pretty Little Cities designs.  I bought three European ones last year and started Pretty Little London last month.  I stitch on it once a week and here is three weeks' progress:

Stitched on 32 count Antique White Linen

This week I stitched the triangular blocks at the base of the towers of Tower Bridge and filled in some windows.

It's very addictive and I want to carry on beyond the one day a week.  I guess this is why I am not a daily rotator!  Luckily I have another addictive piece I can work on each day.  Mostly because there is a deadline of the end of the month.

This is for the Stitching Out Stigma project.  My piece is doesn't have a title yet but it's on the theme of the Parents' Point of View, specifically the maze of acronyms which surround mental health problems.  Here is the current piece:

I can't fit it all on the scanner!

I am stitching this on 28count white Jobelan using Anchor threads.  So far we have Violet, Indigo and Blue, moving on to Green next.  I will be listing all the acronyms on my Happy Dance blog post when I have finished but if you are interested now please feel free to ask.

Finally, I am taking names for the Easter Treasure Hunt Blog Hop.  If you would like to be part of this as a picture poster please email me and I will add you to the list.  All you have to do is post a photo of something you have stitched or otherwise crafted on an Easter/Spring theme along with a letter I will allocate you.  The letters will spell out a seasonal phrase when people hop round in the right order.  If you prefer an anagram challenge please hop round in a random order! 



20 comments:

Bea said...

London is coming along really well, especially if you're only doing 1 day a week. Have you ever been there? Every time I look at your piece it brings back some great memories.

Excellent progress on the SOS piece - it's looking good!

Justine said...

Pretty Little London is so cute! I love these designs. I've started Paris and have Amsterdam and Italy in my stash.

Maureen said...

Oh those satsuma street designs are so cute, love the Paris one.. Must add these to my ever expanding wishlist

Mrs Milkybar Kid said...

Only one day a week on London - I wouldn't be able to put it down, it's so cute!

diamondc said...

Love your projects, so sweet. I look forward to seeing London stitched up.

Catherine

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Dear Preeti, your stitching is great! Me likes the designs Cities. Also, sometimes I want to embroider:-)

Katie said...

All your stitching is great. Love the acronym piece!

Unknown said...

Great progress on your stitching projects. I'm the same with my SAL - would love to be stitching on mine more than just one day a week.

Michelle said...

Lovely design x

Linda said...

Wonderful progress on London Jo. I haven't worked on my yet this week but I will. Love you SOS project.

Linda

rosey175 said...

Oooh so you are doing a rainbow! :D Or inverted rainbow! Are you going to fill in the child with your markers?

Tower Bridge looks lovely, though I feel it should be blueish green!

Christine said...

They're both growing well

Brigitte said...

I'm not a daily rotator either, for the same reason. Two or three days on one project is a must, then my passionate stitching on it is satisfied until the next time. BUt the best for me is a week, after a week I can easily wander on to the next project.
Very nice progress on your SOS project.

Kate said...

Great progress! I need to post mine. It is hard to stitch on that only once a week. I get excited when it's Tuesday and I can work on my New York. Great progress on Stitching Out Stigma.

Mini said...

the SOS piece looks great Jo

Leonore Winterer said...

I love the Satsuma street designs, but your own design is turning out awesome as well :)

Deb said...

Great update!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Beautiful stitching! I love those Satsuma Street designs :D

gominam said...

Wonderful progress, your stitching is so neat! Pretty Little London is indeed pretty;)

Julie said...

The Satsuma Street is very colourful.