July's theme is Jolly July - It's a jolly holiday with your WIPs...you can concentrate on Christmas designs, ornaments, or even pick a different holiday to render in stitchy goodness.
Yana asked me recently how Jolly July was going, up until that point - not at all!! I'd been focusing on my Baby Birth Samplers. So I grabbed the Just Cross Stitch ornie preview issue and chose the Blue Ribbon Woodsy Winter for my Theme-a-licous project. Here's the progress so far:
- What projects do you like to stitch - big or small? A real mixture, I always have one of each on the go. Small for daytime, big for evening.
- What is your favourite fabric? - 32count Murano for most projects. I do prefer evenweave to linen as a rule.
- How many cross stitching books do you have? - Lots! More than 20 anyway. I keep them in the kitchen as I can browse them while I'm "cooking"
- What is your favourite cross stitching magazine? The now no-longer with us Gift of Stitching. I haven't read all the back issues I treated myself too, I save one per month so I can pretend it's still going!!
- What time of the day do you do most of the stitching? Weekends and evenings.
- Does your significant other supports your stitching hobby? Financially or emotionally? LOL. Now I working I can buy my own supplies again. Hubby can't understand why I can't make money out of selling the finished pieces as he sees them as works of art. The Large Boy is always interested in what I'm stitching too.
- Do you collect stash or just buying supplies for the current project? Collect stash!
- What is your favourite drink after five? I'm teetotal (does that surprise you?) so it'll have to be a nice cup of coffee!
- Do you listen to music, audio books or TV while stitching or just to the sounds of nature? At the moment I prefer silence, partly because the Small Boy still isn't sleeping perfectly so I like to be able to hear him if he wakes. Otherwise it's either an audiobook or Kerrang Music Channel.
- Do you have any live plants in your home? Love this question as I have at least three dead ones!! I have some very leggy cyclamen on my kitchen windowstill, they're still alive.
- What do you like to read? (Adventure, romance, mystery, non-fiction etc.) Books or magazines? Fantasy and Sci-fi. I'm reading alot of YA (Young Adult) at the moment for work. As I mentioned in a previous post I get some advance copies of forthcoming releases which is a huge bonus! I've just read John Boyne's new one "The Terrible Thing that Happened to Barnaby Brocket" a nice story about a floating boy. I've also started reading Eragon out loud to the Large Boy at bedtime, 2 chapters a night, it's going to last us most of the year as there are four books in the series.