Translate

Wednesday 8 April 2020

Happy 9th Blogaversary to Me!

9 years of blogging and even more of stitching!


That photo was taken the year we received workbaskets for Christmas.  That red and black dress was my favourite.  The sleeves and skirt were tartan and the bodice was plain red.  My sister's dress was bright blue.  Mine was definitely handmade and I think her's was too.  In the background you can see the Modern Sampler I was talking about in The People's Choice at the weekend.  If you zoom in  you can just about see the cityscape at the bottom.

When I was 9 I had a lovely teacher.  He had all sorts of good idea to engage with a mixed age, mixed ability class including his party-piece of breaking a ruler using a sheet of newspaper.  To demonstrate air pressure.  He was allowed to break one ruler per year as per the school budget!

It's been a year of consolidation on the blog.  Very few new followers, slightly fewer comments but page views increase each year.  Bloglovin seems to acquire me Silent Followers.  If you follow via Bloglovin, please do leave a comment.  You seem nice people from the profiles Bloglovin shows me!

Here are the stats:

*
9 years
972 posts
660 followers
19,784 comments
1,189,254 pageviews
WOW

The focus on my stitching over the past year has continued to be Reduce The WIPs.  I am gradually working my way through my older projects.  Last year saw me complete my third oldest WIP; My Lovely Sewing Tools.  Now if only I could get it framed, that would be nice!

Started 14th October, 2011
Finished 6th September, 2019

I have my oldest WIP on the list this year, the Noel Letters by Ernie Bishop.  I wonder if they will be finished by my 10th Blogaversary?

I looked back at my 8th Blogaversary and all the projects there have been completed except one.  Here is Nora Corbett's Gathering Eggs then:


and now


Again, it would be nice to see her finished by next year.

The other pieces in my current rotation are:

Winter in the Square by Just Nan


Fox Few by Plum Street Sampler

Bitter Brew by Hands on Design

Discworld Mappe by Lyndisfarne Designs

I also had a new start at the weekend to join in with Rachel Ten Hours and Tiff Stitches and their Spring into Summer New Starts Binge.  I wasn't planning any new starts but I do want to take part in Stitch Maynia in May with my Just Nan smalls.  I have completed 8 of them since last May so need 8 new ones to fill the gaps.  The first one is Beach Roses:

stitched on 28 count pale blue linen

Thinking about it, I should really start 2 each Friday in April!  So I have all 8 in place on 1st May.


I will be hosting my usual Easter Treasure Hunt Blog Hop this Friday as it is Good Friday.  I have emailed all the participants with their letter and further instructions.  If you have not had an email, please let me know so I can sort something out.


Finally, a very Happy Birthday to my Blogaversary Twins - Susan Yellow Flower Meadow and Calamity Jr!  Hope you both had a happy, stitchy day.







25 comments:

Beth in IL said...

Happy anniversary! It is always fun to see your stats. Keep on blogging!

Cathy said...

Congratulations on your 9th Blogoversary! It was nice to see all the projects in your rotation together!

deb said...

Nine years - wow! Congratulations!!

Kay said...

Happy blogaversary. I am also waiting for life to return to normal to get to the framers, I can see that framers will be busy for a while with all of the extra cross stitch pieces that have been finished during lockdown. x

butterfly said...

Congratulations Jo on 9 years of blogging .
I love the picture of you with your needle work box you were a pretty little girl.
My first cross stitch was at infant school I was just 5 yrs old and I fell in love with it .
Love all your WIPs some great stitching Jo.

Vickie said...

I love the picture you shared of yourself as a girl Jo! Congratulations my friend!!

Mary said...

Congratulations on 9 years of blogging! What a sweet photo of you in your tartan plaid!! I wonder how many WIP you have in total!!

D1-D2 said...

Happy blogaversary!!!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Congratulations on nine years of blogging. My Granny bought me my workbasket when I was 10 and it is still in use. Mine is green and round and has a woven exterior similar to yours.
It's good to see the progress on all your projects.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Congratulations Jo on 9 years of blogging, you certainly bring joy to Blogland, thank you

Quilting Tangent said...

Congratulations on 9 years of blogging.

jocondine said...

Joyeux anniversaire ! Thanks a lot for all your "blog hop" and bravo for your stitchings. xxx

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

Happy bogiversary.

Mary's Thread said...

Congratulations on your 9th year, Jo! So glad to be among your followers and participants in all your online activities for us stitchers! You are such a good community organizer! I love your Gathering Eggs piece, it is so sweet!

Tiffstitch said...

Wow, 9 years! It some ways it doesn't seem that long, but in other ways it also seems longer, as if we've always been doing this. So glad you joined in with a new start, and that yours went a little better. :)

Christine said...

Happy Blogoversary!

Keebles said...

Happy, happy, happy blogoversary!! I've lost count when mine is, but you always inspire me to continue stitching on and I can't imagine where I'd be without your support!! XXXOOO

An Arizona Stitcher I said...

Happy Blogaversary! You have some great plans for the next month. The sewing tools piece is magnificent! It would take me almost eight years to stitch it up too; lots of motifs. Happy Easter!

Bethan said...

Happy Blogoversary! Here's to many more years x

Lili said...

Congratulations on nine years of blogging, Jo!
Wonderful stitching projects!

Rachel said...

Happy Blogoversary! You must be one of the longest-running and most consistent bloggers out there. Here's to the next year, and the next photo to illustrate the brilliant colours and fashion of the 70s! :)

Ariadne said...

Happy Blogoversary. You have inspired me so many times to stitch more.Now you inspire me to finish my wips.Keep blogging. Ariadne from Greece.

Katie said...

Happy Blogoversary. I'm sure glad I found you so long ago. I love each comment from you and enjoy every post you make. Keep it up. The world wouldn't be the same without Jo.

Leonore Winterer said...

9 years of blogging is amazing! We'll have to have a very special celebration next year.

Mini said...

Congrats on your blogaversary. It feels like I have know you since long when I read such posts.
Cute picture of yours at 9.
I love how you make goals and stick to them . It must be a nice feeling to finish older WIPs.
Here is to another fun year of blogging.