Translate

Friday 10 April 2020

Easter Treasure Hunt Blog Hop 2020 and FFO Gallery

Spring Fantasy by Just Nan


Welcome to the Easter Treasure Hunt Blog Hop for 2020.  I am sure you all know how it works now - hop around the list of blogs and collect the letter each one has for you.  They spell out a message (in English this year) which you can leave in a comment here for me.  I have moderated comments so no-one will see them until  23rd April.  Just to give everyone a chance to play along.

This year we are starting with:

and then on to

and finally back to me for this letter:


I don't do a lot of Spring or Easter stitching but this finish has flowers so that will do!  This was my Leap Year start for 2020 and then I continued at bath-time.  The Small Boy is currently enjoying a long bath-time so I got lots done each evening!

This is Fox Few by Plum Street Samplers:

stitched on 32 count khaki evenweave

I used the DMC conversion for this with the exception of the yellow for the bees.  They recommended a brown 435 for Amber but I used 783.  I backstitched the pale blue flowers as they blended into the fabric colour.  The chart says to use a dark blue for the centres but the cover picture shows them as white.  There is a symbol for white which isn't used anywhere so I guess that is a mistake.

I also used a blend for the hillside rather than a variegated thread.  They recommend 3012 which was too close to 3011 which I used for the flower stems.  3013 was too close to the fabric colour but blending it with 3012 was perfect and makes a nice mottled effect for the grass.

Fully Finished Gallery

I didn't think I had anything for the FFO Gallery this month until I remembered my Butterfly Card.  This was the cover gift from Cross Stitcher issue 356.  I stitched it and then lost the beads.  I substituted some from my stash and then found the original ones this morning.  Which reminded me I could post it for Rachel's SAL.  Check out her blog for more organised people.


stitched on 32 count white linen

cardboard butterfly and greeting card supplied


Finally, don't forget to leave a comment as you visit each blog - Happy Hopping!!

Dewdrop Bunny by Just Nan












31 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Thank you Jo for another great Easter Blog Hop ...... off I go hopping 🐰

Elfie said...

Happy Easter, Jo.

Linda said...

Another fun hop Jo. BE WELL AND STITCH APRIL.

Linda

Quilting Tangent said...

Happy Easter! Fun seeing everyone's projects and displays. "Be well and stitch April".

BronnyB said...

Thank you for organising this Blog Hop Jo. I've enjoyed myself and hope to participate in another one later in the year. I'll be a bit more prepared... lol

jocondine said...

I'm back my basket full of letters... with : be well and stitch April. Have had a lot of fun yesterday visiting all the blogs, now I've only to welcome visitors. Great blog hop again. Thanks. Joyeuses fêtes de Pâques ! xxx

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

Blog Hope entry...Be Well and Stitch April.

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

Thanks for doing this again Jo, as usual it was a lot of fun. Looks like we will have more blogs participating next year, the more the merrier.

Kay said...

Lots of lovely stitching on the blog hop, thank you for organising it. I do like your foxes. The phrase is:
Be well and stitch April.

butterfly said...

Great post again Jo , so much lovely stitching and great designs .
Happy Easter .

Mary's Thread said...

Happy Easter, Jo! I love that butterfly card! Did the button come with the kit or were you lucky enough to find or have something in the perfect colors? Your foxes came out super and of course I love your Nans! You always have a new one I have never seen before-Spring Fantasy is especially pretty! Thanks for hosting the blog hop! It was so fun!

Mary's Thread said...

And the phrase is Be Well and Stitch April!

Tiffstitch said...

Love the foxes, it's really coming along, and those butterflies are very cute. Happy Easter and thank you again for hosting!

Tiffstitch said...

the phrase: Be Well and Stitch April

Rita said...

Thank you for posting this funny blog hop.
I got "Be well and stitch April" from the letters.

Carol said...

Looks like you put together a great blog hop once again, Jo! Love your foxes! Hope you have a lovely Easter weekend with your family ♥

Elfie said...

BE WELL AND STITCH APRIL

Thanks for hosting Jo. This is one of my favourite blog activities!

Julie said...

So many pretty and delightful things in this years blog hop. A few new blogs to visit too.
Enjoy your Easter weekend (and don't get choccie on the stitching!)

Cathy said...

Happy Easter, Jo! And thanks for hosting this hop again! The phrase was easy this year; it's BE WELL AND STITCH APRIL.

Kaisievic said...

Hi Jo, this was a fun blog hop and I love the phrase (which I think I actually got right this time - lol!). Pretty butterfly card, too. The phrase is "Be Well and Stitch April".
Happy Easter to you and yours, hugs, Kaye

Mary said...

The Dewdrop Bunny is so sweet and love the foxes! Have a Happy Easter!

Rachel said...

Wow, the beads make such a difference to the butterflies. Thanks for taking part. You weren't the only one to have a last-minute finish! :)

Astrids dragon said...

Be well and stitch April - ok, no problem!

Astrids dragon said...

I love those foxes, they are so cute.
Your card looks great, of course you found the beads after you needed them!
And your Dewdrop bunny is a sweet one too.
Thanks so much for brightening up our Easter/Spring and having another successful hop!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Thank you for another great Blop Hop, Jo. It was lovely seeing everyone's work. Lots of variety in your stitching, as ever.
The mystery phrase is:
Be Well and Stitch April.

I hope you had a good Easter.

Katie said...

As always a wonderful blog hop. So much fun! What beautiful pieces were displayed this year. Thanks for hosting. Will send my guess in another comment. Love all your beautiful stitching in your post too. Great finish for the FFG.

Katie said...

Guess: Be Well And Stitch April

Sheryl said...

Pretty butterflies and foxes Jo. another great Easter hop and some lovely work out there which has cheered these `stay at home´ days. I found the phrase to be
Be well and stitch april.

Christine said...

That was fun, thanks for organising it.
Be Well and Stitch a Pril. What's a pril? :D :D :D

Leonore Winterer said...

Your foxes are so cute!
I spent the morning hopping around and think the mystery phrase is 'Be well and stitch along - April'. Punctuation optional! Thanks for the hop, it was fun :)

beadgirl said...

Cute foxes!