Translate

Sunday 26 April 2020

April WIPocalypse Oldest WIPs

WIPocalypse
WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings

Each month we have to share the projects we want to complete before the End Of The World.

Since 2011 I have chosen a number of projects to focus on that year, starting with my "11 in '11" and increasing to "20 in '20" for this year.  This month I stitched on 6 of them.

My Discworld Mappe went from here:


to here

Lyndisfarne - Discworld Map
(Project 5)


Nora Corbett - Gathering Eggs
(Project 6)



JBW - 12 Days of Christmas
(Project 10)


Hands on Design - Bitter Brew
(Project 14)

Just Nan - Winter in the Square
(Project 16)

Amanda Butler - Alice in Wonderland SAL in Cross Stitcher magazine
(Project 17)


Measi always gives us a topic to discuss:

April – Talk to us about your longest-running WIP or UFO.

That's an easy one - no change since last year!   My oldest UFO is from the 1990s - Ernie Bishop's Noel Banner:


Since I took that photo I have completed the O for my Longest Day Marathons:


Close-up of the L:


Last time I got them out I realised I had used the wrong Perle for the hardanger on the E so that's all got to come out too.  These have been added to my WIPocalypse this year.  I have 8 projects started pre-2016 and have added 3 to my list this year (the ones in bold).

Finally, here's the full list if you are interested:

Ernie Bishop Noel Letters 01/12/98
Craft Collection Art Nouveau Head 14/04/11
Samplermakers Spring Sampler 01/03/12
Yiota's Xstitch Coffee Fairy 24/04/12
Papillon Around the World 27/04/12
Scarlet Letter English Transitional Sampler 11/12/12
Joan Elliott Faces SAL 05/06/14
Kustom Krafts Little Snapdragon 01/01/15








16 comments:

diamondc said...

Jo: I am so excited to see the Disc World Mappe almost finished, it is truly a beauty.
I have the Noel pattern, I hope to stitch it someday, yours is almost finished i am looking forward to seeing it constructed.
Stay Healthy

Catherine

Barb said...

I always enjoy seeing your progress. Discworld Mappe is coming along very well, The Noel banner is certainly an old one.

butterfly said...

You have stitched on some wonderful designs , and wow your stitching looks wonderful.

Linda said...

Fantastic progress on all of your projects Jo. The mappe is looking amazing.

Linda

Anna van Schurman said...

I think I had that Emie Bishop pattern at one point, but realized my limitations. It's looking lovely, mistakes or no!

Cathy said...

You've made some nice progress on your WIPs this month!

Katie said...

Wow!!! Look at your progress on the mappe. Beautiful. Plus so many other pieces too. Great update!

Christine said...

The Mappe is so close to a finish!
I still love the hardanger piece it would be nice to see it finished

Julie said...

Mappe is soon to be a finish.
Winter in the Square is looking great.

Kaisievic said...

Jo, the Noel hardanger piece is stunning, I can't wait to see some more of that one this year. Great work on Discworlde - I can remember when it was just one stitch!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

You've come so far on the Discworlde map.
I hope you finish the Noel Hardanger, it is beautiful.

Lady Stitch-a-Lot said...

Lovely work on all your projects =) I love the Diskworld map =)

Bethan said...

Discworld is getting ever closer! Lots of lovely stitching - I'm really enjoying your Alice SAL x

Rachel said...

That's an awful lot of progress on the Discworld Mappe this last month, let alone all the other progress you've made. Your needles must definitely be smoking!
Do you have any enthusiasm for stitching Noel, or is the fact you've got to correct a mistake putting you off?

Leonore Winterer said...

The Disc World looks incredible! Am I getting ahead of myself in suggesting that you might be able to finish it this year? There doesn't appear that much to be left!

Astrids dragon said...

The Mappe is coming along beautifully, there is an end in sight!
I really love seeing Alice come together, it's so unique.
Your L in NOEL is gorgeous, in spite of the error. No way to keep it?