Translate

Thursday 23 April 2020

April TUSAL

Tusal

It's TUSAL time!

Here is my TUSAL jar with two of my current projects:



Usually I would show you each project in detail but I am saving the Small for tomorrow and Discworld for Sunday.  And yes, the Small is showing the reverse side!

Today is also the Reveal Day for the Easter Treasure Hunt Mystery Phrase.  Thanks to everyone who took part in the Blog Hop, whether by posting a picture or by hopping around and solving the mystery.  It was much easier this year as I did not have to pay a penalty and find a phrase in French!   The phrase you needed to find was:

Be Well and Stitch April

Which will be familiar to anyone who uses Facebook, Instagram or watches FlossTube.  This movement was started following a discussion between a small group of designers.  Cathy from Hands On Design said - "A conversation among a group of designers has come together as a tiny but mighty movement to create a project of free designs for stitchers. Imagine a basket or bowl filled to the brim with wellness needlework! Follow the hashtag #bewellandstitch to stay in the loop with this project. Once you have your free charts in hand, please consider, if you are able, placing an online order with your needlework shop for threads or fabrics, embellishments or trims. Many shops are offering specials as they continue to serve stitchers."

I know that the needlework shops that are working online are incredibly busy and are doing a fantastic job keeping everyone supplied with those essentials for our hobby.  One of those shop had compiled an album on Facebook for many of the charts.  I used that list to try find the original links so non-Facebook users can download them.  Most of these go to the designer's blog, some to Instagram and a few to Facebook.  I have labelled those ones.

You can see the list on my page entitled Themed Freebies or here:

Wild Violet - Be Well - voluntary contribution

Autumn Lane Stitchery - Bee Well - problem with website, they are aware.
You can see this cute one on Mini's Diary

I think the Drawn Thread design will be the one I stitch first:



I also like the Erica Michael's Strawberry, the Autumn Lane Stitchery and the Quarantined House by My Fanny Designs.  So many to choose from!


Finally, thanks for everyone who said lovely things about the Blog Hop.  The next one will be the Summer Hop.  As ever, I am planning something a little bit different for that one.  Stay tuned for more information!







13 comments:

Julie said...

Is that a Blue Ribbon Designs small that I spy under the TUSAL jar?
Designers have been so generous.

Cathy said...

Thank you for the list of free charts. I'd seen some of them, but I found a couple I'd really like to stitch.

Unknown said...

Thanks for compiling all the #bewellandstitch patterns. I hadn't seen nearly all of them and here I was thinking I might stitch them all! Silly me. Annavsxs (I can't log on on my phone for some reason.)

Barb said...

Jo, thank you so much for that long list!

Kay said...

Thank you so much for the link to all of the designs, I have just printed a few out to make cards for friends. x

Kaisievic said...

Great Orts, Jo and thanks for the links to all the freebies for #bewelland stitch - I do have some of them already but I didn't realise that the list was so comprehensive. I have just put up my TUSAL post (only a day late but I do have an excuse, I have been ill the last few days - NOT Covid-19, just some other bug or other) and I plan to put up my Smalls post tomorrow and WIPocalypse the day after.

Carol said...

What a great list you've put together of the #bewellandstitch freebies, Jo! Thank you so much--I love the one you're starting first the most :)

Christine said...

There are some lovely designs there

Katie said...

Thanks for sharing all the links.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Designers have been generous and there are a few designs that I would like to stitch. Thanks for making the list.

Leonore Winterer said...

I truely love our online stitching community, especially in times like these! So many wonderful charts and sentiments.

Astrids dragon said...

Thanks again for sharing these. I meant to do it, but never got my act together!

beadgirl said...

Thanks for putting this list together. I tried to hunt these down myself, but I found only a few. I think I'll start with the Needlemade Designs one.