Translate

Wednesday 15 April 2020

April Gifted Gorgeousness Link-up Post



Welcome to the April Gifted Gorgeousness link-up.  The link-up date continues to be the 15th and I will keep the link-up open until the end of each month so you have plenty of time if you are late posting.

The format remains exactly the same, there is a list of rules on the main sign-up page if you want to check what is required but basically anything connected to the word "gift" is allowed, whether it was a gift TO you or is a gift FROM you.

My main project for Gifted Gorgeousness has been my Discworld Mappe by Lyndisfarne Designs, which will be a gift for my son.  This is the portion I have been working on in April:

stitched on 32 count Murano custom-dyed by Sparklies

Yes, the coastlines have met up!  This is akin to the borders meeting on a sampler.  I have just that area of golden yellow to fill in and the main landmass is complete.  Apart from backstitch!

I finished this lovely butterfly card from Cross Stitcher magazine which will be sent to a friend:


Someone did ask about the large butterfly attached to the card.  Yes, that was included in the pack along with the card and an envelope.

I also got some nice progress on Nora Corbett's Gathering Eggs this month.  The chart was a gift from Carol:

stitched on 35 count Vintage Country Mocha


The final gifted project for this month is the 12 Days of Christmas by JBW.  Two of my friends bought two charts each for my Christmas present.  I started one design per day for the 12 Days of Stitchmas and have completed the Fourth Day: 

stitched on 40 count white linen, 1 over 2

I also added the beads to the first 3 days.  I used Mill Hill petite 42013






Now it is your turn to show us your Gifted Gorgeousness for the month.  Please use your name or your blog name in the field and NOT the words "April Update" so I can easily see who has linked up this month.  And link to the actual post, not just your blog.  It is easier if you copy and paste the link, rather than typing freehand.

*
*


🐇 Good Friday - Friday 10th April 🐇


Finally, thanks to everyone who took part in the Easter Treasure Hunt Blog Hop this year.  It was so much fun to see what everyone had to share with us.  Comments are hidden until 23rd April, which is TUSAL Day so I will reveal the Mystery Phrase then.  Just to give everyone a chance to play along.






17 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Another great GG Jo, your 12 days of Christmas are great, neat idea of friends to buy some each. Lovely butterfly card, nice to see the coastline meeting up on Discworld.

Kaisievic said...

Oh, Gathering eggs is coming along so very beautifully, Jo and great job on Discworld and the 12 Days of Christmas. Thanks for hosting this great SAL again this month.

DJ said...

Thank you, again, for hosting this challenge!! Your mappe is looking lovely, I'm sure getting the land mass done will be a huge sigh of relief! I love how your 12 Days of Christmas pieces are coming along. They just get more lovely with each part you add. I LOVE the Nora Corbett piece you are working on, it's do delicate and colorful....I can't wait to see more! I'm hoping you and your family stay safe and well.

Barb said...

All of the projects are beautiful. I bet you were very happy when that coastline met up!

Tiffstitch said...

Oh that's so exciting the coastline met up!! Fantastic! And although you have a lot of filling in, that's a huge section that will be complete. Lovely work on the 12 Days as well.

Kate said...

Your 12 days of Christmas are quite lovely!

jocondine said...

Lovely patterns for 12 days of Christmas, there are so many projects in stitching, felt... how many differents have you done? xxx

Katie said...

Beautiful work on everything! All linked up.

Christine said...

Yay for the coastline meeting up! Great progress on all your pieces

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I'm sure it was a relief that the coastline met up.
A delightful selection of stitching. I enjoy the catch-up on what you are stitching.

Julie said...

Great that the coast met on Discworld, I bet that was a phew moment.
Love the JBW's, they are so sweet.

butterfly said...

All of your work is looking wonderful Jo.
Enjoy your weekend .

Bronny (my other me) said...

I feel your Joy with your coastline meeting up. Oh it is such a perfect feeling!
I am really enjoying watching your progress on this.

Carol said...

Beautiful progress! I just love the colors in the Easter girl's dress so much!

Mini said...

What a relief that the coastlines met ! Gathering eggs is such a lovely project.
You are doing great with 12 days of Xmas project.

Mary's Thread said...

I love how you have such a wide variety of stitching styles! It's always neat to see what you're working on! The Easter Egg girl is one of my favorites you have going-she is so pretty!

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress on your mappe! That calling bird is very sweet, as well. Such a nice, soft blue!