Translate

Sunday 5 May 2019

Mon TUSAL en Français

Bonjour!  Don't worry, I'm not going to do the entire post in French.  Back in 2018 when I was compiling the list for the Easter Treasure Hunt I managed to miss off our dear friend Jocondine.  I apologised profusely and she suggested as penance that I should do this year's Mystery Phrase "en Français".  So that's what I did.  Now I must apologise to anyone who was totally confused and did not understand what was happening!

Fortunately the majority of you managed to figure out the phrase and provide a translation too.  The phrase was:

Partir à la chasse aux oeufs

or

To go hunting for eggs

Thank you to Jocondine for the extra challenge finding a phrase this year.  I think we'll go back to English next time.  I am being very, very nice to both Leonore and Ariadne for fear they make me do a German or Greek phrase!

The next Blog Hop will be the Summer Postcard Blog Hop which lasts all summer.  I think I might make that one an International Theme this year.  Watch this space!



Tusal


And now it's TUSAL time, the Totally Useless SAL where we all show our ORTS and link-up on Daffycat's blog.

Here is my TUSAL jar with my current project:


You can see my spooky conversion of Lavender & Lace's Enchanted Alphabet in the photo.  I completed the lettering last year so I'm adding different motifs throughout this year.  This weekend I added four pumpkins from a Just Nan design - two in the W, one in the P (most appropriate)


and one gourd-like pumpkin on the I

stitched on 32 count Murano in Tigerlily by Sparklies

I'm thinking of Ghosts for next month.  There's a lot of places a ghost can pop out of.

Finally, because it's May that means it's Stitch Maynia.  This project took the idea from the DUCJC and March Madness of new starts and went with a start for each day in May.  Last year I started 31 Just Nan Smalls to go with the batch I had already started for March Madness in 2017.  I have finally finished all the 2017 starts and I'm currently stitched Day 1 from 2018 so this year I decided to stitch on the same design I started last year for each day.  So here are the first five designs:


I'm doing just one strand per day on each one.  These are used as travel projects, lunchtime projects and crafty coffee morning projects with the goal of one finish per month.  Once Butterfly Lace is complete I will pick up the Butterfly Needlebook and work through that one.




16 comments:

Quilting Tangent said...

Your Enchanted Alphabet looks great, looking forward to seeing the ghosts. The fabric is wonderful on this piece.

Barb said...

I love love that Enchanted Alphabet and you are really making it your own with the embellishments!!

Mary said...

Enchanted Alphabet is coming along so nicely. You have a great assortment of projects, On strand per day is certainly doable...no stitch mania for me though.

Ariadne said...

Lol! I laughed so much. Don't worry I won't make you write anything in Greek. Anyway everyone would need the Greek keyboard to type it so it would be difficult! Thanks for organizing the Easter blog hop again! AriadnefromGreece!

Rachel said...

All looking good! The idea of continuing with last year's Stitch Maynia projects instead of starting 31 new ones is very sensible indeed, not only for not increasing your number of WIPs but for ensuring they don't become neglected pieces. Look forward to seeing the rest reappear during the remainder of the month. :)

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, so that's what was going on! I grew suspicious once I encountered the 'à'. Yes, better be nice to me or you'll all have to deal with some äs and ös und üs next year!
Love your Maynia idea, it's a fantastic way to honour the spirit of the month without adding a ton of new starts.

Carol said...

Thank you for not writing the entire post in French! My one year of college French did not go well :) Great idea to do one strand per day on each of your Just Nan's! I'm sure you'll be surprised at how much progress you've made at the end of May :)

butterfly said...

Great stitching ,love all of the starts have , a fab week.

Christine said...

I liked having the mystery phrase in French.
Am I the only one who sees a pair of boobs in your spooky alphahbet?

Charlotte (MotherOwl) said...

Oh, I like your stitching very much, and just love the idea of using letters from here, pumpkins from tere and ghosts from a 3rd place. Following a pattern to the X is what usually keeps me from stitcihng, when I do not have the time to make my own patterns.
You can have some Danish letters for your collection of foreign alphabets ;) æ ø å Æ Ø Å (Lower and upper case of the same 3 letters), they come after Z.

diamondc said...

Jo: I envy you having so many great designs going, one thread a day on each project now that is a great idea.


Catherine

Bethan said...

Phew - I did panic that my rusty French would have to be used then! Maybe I should think up a Welsh phrase for you....

Julie said...

Clever and so funny the French phrase, always something different, your mind is a trove of exciting things.

Linda said...

Love the pumpkins in your alphabet. More nice progress on your Just Nans.

Linda

Astrids dragon said...

It made it interesting this year, all in fun!
I love the added pumpkins, and ghosts sound good too.
Nice starts, that will keep you busy for a little while!

Katie said...

I had a blast trying to figure it out. You are a genius. Lovely stitching!