Translate

Monday 20 May 2019

May IHSW


IHSW or International Hermit and Stitch Weekend always starts on the third Friday of the month.  It's a chance to lock yourself away and focus on your stitching for the weekend.  You can take part on your blog or via the Facebook page.  Links at the bottom of this post.

Once again I was working on my Discworld Mappe.  I am determined to get 2 weeks every month on this project.

Here's where I was on the 15th:


Here's the part I worked on this weekend:


And here's the piece right now:


The little banner says "Circumfence"

The Circumfence is a sturdy wood-stakes-and-ropes barrier running almost a third of the Rim of the Disc, constructed by the island nation Krull.  Hapless ships and vessels continually get washed toward the Edge, and by means of the Circumfence, Krullians are able to salvage many useful things; for example, many houses are constructed from parts of ships.  In the old days, people who ran into the Circumfence would get captured by the Krullian navies and serve as slaves or even sacrificial victims (see The Colour of Magic).  Nowadays, Krullians rescue these people and charge them heavy salvage rates, a much more peaceful but just as profitable use of the barrier.



I'm also making steady progress on my evening piece.  This is the project I stitch while The Small Boy is in the bath.  The current project is The Queen of Hearts by Mrs Peggotty.  Here's where she was last IHSW:


And here is where she is now:

stitched on 22 count white hardanger

The idea is to do as much of the background as I can before starting on the more interesting part of the Queen.  Some evenings I get a lot done, others not so much. Last night all I got done was that scrap of pale pink with the thread attached.  The previous night I managed those three dark stripes down the right hand side which was much more productive.


A few people have said that they don't do Facebook and asked if I could host a link-up for them, so here it is! Just add your name and the link to your actual IHSW post, not just your blog home page.

*

*

The next IHSW will be 21st - 23rd June so make sure you note the date in your diary or come and join us in the Facebook Group - IHSW on Facebook. If you don't do Facebook then you can check in here.


Finally, Stitch Maynia!   For Maynia this year I am stitching on the same projects I started last May.   I started one Just Nan small per day so this year I am stitching one strand on each project on their relevant day.  Here are the projects for Days 16 to 20:


Isn't it weird how different all the fabrics look from last year to this?






8 comments:

Julie said...

The Queen of Hearts seems to be growing well at bathtime.

Rachel said...

Slow and steady and all looking great. Do you have a reason to account for the colour differences of your Just Nan fabrics or is it just that the camera is picking up different hues this year? :)

Katie said...

The mappe is really growing. The Queen of Hearts has made a lot of progress too. I didn't get any real IHSW stitching done. But I'm already making plans for the June one. Can't wait!

FlashinScissors said...

Ooooh, yes! Mappe is growing nicely! And I can see great progress on The Queen of Hearts too!
Funny how hard it is to get true colours in photographs!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress on the map, and I love the colours on the Queen of Hearts - even that background looks fun to stitch!

Rhona said...

Great progress on both designs.

deb said...

Seems like you're just zipping along on Discworld (though that may be because I'm way behind on reading blog entries and everyone's progress appears to be rather compressed). What an amazing piece that is!

I like your year-to-year Maynia progress. ;)

Christine said...

Great progress on the Mappe and the Queen of Hearts