Translate

Sunday 25 June 2017

June's Stitching Spot WIPocalypse

WIPocalypse
WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings
Also linking up with 17 in '17

Each month we have to share the projects we want to complete before the End Of The World.  I have chosen my "17 in '17" which are the 17 projects I want to focus on this year.  You can see the full list on this page here.

This month I worked on ALL my outstanding WIPocalypse projects, thanks to the Longest Day Marathon.  You can see them all on that post but I will show the ones I worked on for more than 30 minutes here as well.

1. The Stitcher's Alphabet by Brooke's Books:


2. 12 Days of Christmas by Joan Elliott:


3. Witches by Oberlin Samplers:


4. Happy Hallowe'en by Imaginating:


5. Spring in the Square by Just Nan:


6. The Discworld Mappe by Lyndisfarne Designs:

Custom-dyed 32 count evenweave by Sparklies

I just love stitching on this project but today is the last day of the rotation and it's on to Enchanted Alphabet for the 26th tomorrow.

Following feedback from the Longest Day Marathon I have decided to put The Autumn Tree into the bathtime stitching slot and get it finished.  I am making excellent progress with the border on 12 Days of Christmas which was in that slot and I have no doubts about finishing it before the end of the year so a little rest won't hurt.

Measi always gives us a discussion topic:

June - Show is your stitching space!  Where do you sit, and what is going on around you while you stitch (TV, audiobooks, etc)?

So here is my stitching spot, at the kitchen table.  You can see the laptop with a rather familiar blog open.  The round red tin is my ORTS tin with a needle minder on top which is where I put my needle when I'm changing threads.  Next to that is the bag for my current project, then my stitching diary (with the cat's face), in front of that is the chart and my scissors.  And of course, the project!  You can see that I stitch in hand with the fabric rolled so the stitching is inside the roll and not being touched by my hands.


To the left is my bag of threads, this is a large brownpaper bag holding the five rings of Floss-away bags which contain the full set of DMC:


What is going on around me depends on who is there.  If hubby is at home then it will be Planet Rock on the radio as he's not keen on FlossTube!  If the boys are at home then it might be a YouTube channel called Good Mythical Morning or it might be carefully selected FlossTube videos.  The Large Boy likes Pepe, Jimmy FlossTube, Garrett, and Denkai's husband Mike.   He also likes Stitcherista and Tracy P and anyone with a cat.  He will quite often be playing on his iPad while I'm watching something.

Finally, feedback from the Longest Day Marathon also indicates a desire to have a Shortest Day SAL too!  So I have created an event on FB for 21st December the Shortest Day in the Northern Hemisphere.  It will be four days before Christmas, we'll all be working our socks off, up to our ears in mincepies and present wrapping so who has got time to stitch?  Find some time in your lunchbreak at work, the queue at the supermarket, while the mincepies cook, the Christmas Carol Concert or the part of the Nativity Play that YOUR child isn't actually in.  The challenge is to manage any stitching at all! 




22 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

Excellent work on everything and very organized too! I would expect nothing less though. :)

Vickie said...

I love that sheep in the W piece at the top. :D
I stitch at the kitchen table also. I look out the window to the garden though. At night I listen to the frogs from the pond out back.

Linda said...

Awesome progress on all of your other projects Jo. Love your stitching area. I also like to sit at the table and stitch.

Linda

Barb said...

You are really making great progress on all your projects!

Irene said...

wow, quanti progetti bellissimi!

Mary said...

Great progress on all your WIP's... Your truly an optimist to plan a stitching day on Dec 21st!!

Brigitte said...

I'm always amazed to see the progress you are able to make on all your pieces, Jo. You are such an organized person, couldn't I borrow a little bit of your talent of being so organized? From time to time? LOL. I get sidetracked much too easily by new designs that I find in my stash and have to start. Anyway, great WIPs.
Haha, a good idea to find time for stitching on Dec 21st.

Christine said...

Discworld is growing nicely.
I am full of radio envy. Planet Rock is my favourite station and it disappears somewhere around Exeter.

Justine said...

Great update Jo! I enjoyed seeing your crafting spot. What a lot of progress you've made already on Discworld!

Rhona said...

Nice to see your crafting spot and all those organized threads! December seems so far away, but it will be here before we know it....not sure if I'll be able to get much stitching done, I'm the one who is running around in a last minute panic :)

Desiree Ehleiter said...

Such great progress! I will join you for the Shortest Day SAL! I refuse to get myself all worked up this year! There will be time for stitching (fingers tightly crossed).

Lili said...

Lovely progress on "The Discworld Mappe", the fabric is really great.
Nice stitching place, sometimes I also stitch on my kitchen! To cute your stitching diary!

Leonore Winterer said...

I love your diskworld projects and how much it grows between every two posts! Did you get far enough to work out if the edge will be in the right place?

beadgirl said...

Chances are I'll be desperately trying to finish some stitchy gift, so stitching on the 21st will be happening anyway!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Awesome stitching this month! Great to see your stitching space too :D

Bethan said...

Great work on everything - lovely to see the 12 days of Christmas developing. Thanks for sharing your stitching space; your bag of floss is insane! So much floss! x

Julie said...

I have learnt you are a 'stitch in hand' girl, didn't know that.
Discworld is growing well.

The Crafty Princess said...

Ooohh loving Discworld map. I really don't understand how you stitch in hand with the fabric rolled like that. I'm very intrigued. Do you have a pic of you stitching or could you post one? I would love to see how you manage it. Stitching in hand would make my life so much easier but I can't seem to get the hang of it.
xo Alicia

Astrids dragon said...

That sheep is adorable!
I like to roll and stitch too, especially on a big project.

Kaisievic said...

Great progress on all of them - loved seeing how much you had done on Discworld. I am a stitch in hand girl, too - love stitching that way, makes it so portable. The woolly sheep is adorable!

Lady Stitch-a-Lot said...

Lovely progress on all your pieces, I especially love the sheep! =)

pandchintz said...

Great progress!!