Translate

Monday 12 June 2017

Happy Dance on the Table!

I recently got a special offer to get 3 issues of Cross Stitch Crazy for just £3, you'd have to be crazy to turn that down!  This month's issue arrived last week with a lovely cover gift of a booklet of designs by Emma Congdon of Stitchrovia.  All in her familiar typography and fonts style.  Not only did I start one straight away, I finished it too!  In just three days.

Bubbly!
Petite beads for bubbles in the bubbly.

Photos taken in three different lights!  Just to show how hard it is to get the right colour


This one is probably closest.  I had to change some of the thread colours so they would show up on the pink fabric (32 count linen) and I also filled in the word Champagne with Blanc.


This is going to be a wedding card for a friend whose daughter goes to the same school as the Small Boy.  It's perfect for her and her new hubby.

I've been continuing with the SAL that keeps on entertaining Christine, the Ten-a-Day and have just passed 160 days and 1,600 stitches.  I am indeed a Woman in Control of my Life.  This is a collage of photos of Just Nan's Spring in the Square taken every 10 days.  I started on 1st January so I love how the flowers bloom as we go through Spring and into Summer:


I've also been stitching a second daily project - 30-a-day and for this one I have a series of Just Nan freebies I'm finishing as ornies.  This is the fourth one, Victorian Rose, now on Day 14:


Handy hint - the little tag of orange at the top is an ORT knotted through so I always know which way up is.  Useful when stitching a symmetrical design on square fabric.


Finally, I'm making plans for The Longest Day SAL next week.  I'll actually be stitching on Tuesday 20th and blogging about it on the 21st as I'm away from the house on Wednesday.  I've decided to have an Event on Facebook for the real time updates so if you want to follow along there, here's the link.

(It's a private event so send me a pm on FB if you want to see it!)

32 comments:

Vickie said...

What a cute card that will be! That is just unbelievable that is the same piece in all three pictures though!! The colors are so very, very different!

Linda said...

Congrats on the adorable finish Jo.

Linda

Kerryp77 said...

Yay happy dance! Looks great in all the lights! The just nan Spring in the square looks great. It's grown so much. Thanks for the longest day sal add.

Rhona said...

What a great offer on the magazine. Love the sampler....in fact, I love nearly all of Emma Congdon's designs :)

Julie said...

Wonderful design for newlyweds, I was hoping the pink one would be the true to life one.

deb said...

Wow, that was fast, even for you! Great finish, and fun, too.

So you're doing your Longest Day event on FB - will you do a round up post here afterwards?

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

Cameras are definitely a funny thing. I have started a blogging bucket list recently and one of the things I want to do is take a photography class. Your piece looks delightful in each picture. --Andrea

RJ said...

The champagne stitch is really cute. I wish you could pop open the bottle and share. I really love seeing how the Spring in the Square took shape so quickly. That is such a beautiful stitch. You are amazing with how quickly you stitch. Great job as always. RJ @ stitching friends forever

Anthea said...

What a happy piece of work! Love it... & yes it can be hard sometimes to get an accurate pic in regards to colour... well done Jo.

Kay said...

I like the tip for knowing the orientation of the design. x

Christine said...

Yep, still laughing. I know, I know, I'm easily amused.
I love that Emma Congdon finish

Mary said...

Jo, It's adorable and you stitched it fast! What a special wedding card that will make. Did you use a white balance setting on your camera to get the different color effects?
I don't think I could limit myself to 30 stitches on a piece a day..too much fun to see the pattern develop, you are in control!

Great tip on the ort thread at the top of a project too! Mary

Mii Stitch said...

Great finish for the newlyweds card!!!
Have fun with your event.

D1-D2 said...

That is an excellent tip! Have fun with your longest day SAL, I unfortunately have to work that day :P

Katie said...

Oh how cute. What a great finish. Love your Just Nan progress. Beautiful! I don't know if we are friends on FB. I'll try to find you there.

DJ said...

Oh I just LOVE how your Just Nan project is turning out. You truly are a woman in control...haha I might have just took off and started stitching after the first ten. What a great tip about the symmetrical design. I wish I could join you for the Longest Day (I had intended to when you mentioned it a while back) but I will be away from home, internet and probably my sanity at that point. I'll be thinking of you though!! I love your finish too...great choice for their card!!

Lili said...

The wedding card is really pretty! Love the little beads!
Just Nan's Spring is gorgeous!

Preeti said...

Lovely finish !! I like the idea of beads for the bubbles. Great progress on 10-a-day project.

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Your finish is perfect for an anniversary card,lovely stitching.

Justine said...

What a great finish! It will make a fabulous card for a wedding.

Kaisievic said...

I love your Ten a day collage - it looks so cool, like time lapse photography and I do so admire your discipline.

Kaisievic said...

P.S. Love your new finish, too. xxx

Mabon Stitcher said...

Love It!

Sheryl said...

I like the idea of the wedding card and how your Just Nan project is progressing.

Irene said...

bellissimo!

Melinda Forbes said...

You are most certainly a woman in control! 2nd time have started this comment, I think this is a great idea for a wedding card. And one I would keep forever.

Brigitte said...

I think I would have taken this offer as well. It's a pity that we don't have such things over here. Congratulations on finishing the design in only three days. Not bad at all :)
Gorgeous progress on your ten-a-day project.
Last year I stitched with you on the longest day of the year. And I wanted to do it again as it was such lot of fun - but can't do it at the moment :( I can't follow you on FB but I'll be happy to see what you were stitching on when you blog about it.

Beth in IL said...

I cannot find you on Facebook. :( But I will be stitching on the longest day with you. DD is gone and I have the place to myself. Well, there is my hubby and the cat.

Leonore Winterer said...

That's a great finish, I do like Stichrovia's designs! And great progress on your dailies as well.

The Crafty Princess said...

Wheee I love your champagne stitch, such fun! Very cool way of demonstrating the blossoming of your 10 a day wip. It looks so effective.

I'm still bummed that I couldn't particpate in your longest day SAL, even to keep up with your postings. Love family but sometimes they really get in the way of my stitching ):

xo Alicia

Sarah in Stitches said...

Great happy dance! I know, it's so hard for me to take a picture that shows the actual color of the fabric. The light always seems wrong! So weird. Spring in the Square is looking gorgeous! :D

FlashinScissors said...

Love the wedding card, and those beads look so pretty! I'd certainly keep the card forever!
What a fast finish, well done!
Spring in the square is gorgeous, and it is lovely to see the progress pictures!
Barbara x