Translate

Sunday 22 January 2012

Secret Stitching Sweethearts for Valentine's Day

As promised, here is a fun online activity for Valentine's Day.

The Secret Stitching Sweetheart

It's really very simple, all you have to do is email me a picture of something you have stitched which is suitable for Valentine's Day.  It could be a heart, or a pair of cute creatures, or the word "love" or anything which warms your heart.  It can be something you've stitched in the past or something you've made especially for this year.


Send me the email by 10th February.

When I have all the emails I will randomise them and send one to each participant on 13th February.  Then on 14th February you must post the picture you receive onto your blog under the heading
 Secret Stitching Sweetheart. 
There will be a list on my blog of everyone joining in, so check out all the blogs and find out who got your picture and identify yourself  in their comments as their
Secret Stitching Sweetheart.

Does that make sense to everyone?  I hope so!

If you'd like to be involved then leave a comment on this post, I'll be putting little reminders up from time to time and will email on 9th February to make sure you send the pic in time.  We managed 24 people taking part in the Advent Calendar which was such great fun, I'm sure this will be too.

If you don't have anything already stitched then Cyberstitchers have some nice freebies (San Man's are good) or try Google Images for "grilles gratuites coeur".  The French seem to excel at beautiful hearts.

If you'd like to make a link on your blog to this post, please help yourself to my Heather Holland-Daly Heart at the top of this post.

Sending Lots of Love out and hoping to get some back!!

20 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Sign me up for this one Jo - I would love to take part!

cucki said...

yay so much fun..count me in please..going to mail you just now now..
happy cucki xxx

Christine said...

Sounds like fun, I'm going to be away on Valentine's Day though so I can't take part :(

Wagapapa said...

Sounds funny! I want to take part too! I'll link you in my blog and e-mail you the photo tomorrow.

Have a good day!

CalamityJr said...

What a fun idea! You all (I'm not from the south so didn't say y'all, lol) are going to make me start a blog - one of these days!

Shebafudge said...

Please sign me up Jo. This sounds like a lot of fun and I might discover some new blogs too.

Blu said...

This sounds like fun! Count me in please.

gracie said...

sounds like fun...sign me up!

Ewa said...

Sounds like fun! I'd love to join but I don't have a single love-themed thing stitched! I'll see if I make it in time and let you know.

Nicola said...

Count me in.

Mouse said...

oh go on sign me up .. had a light bulb moment of something I have stitched with the word love in it ..lol :) love mouse xxxx

Freddysmama (Kirstin) said...

Fabulous idea!

What the heck, sign me up :)

xxx

Stitchabilities said...

What a great idea!!

Chris said...

What a great idea

Chris x

Valentina said...

What a nice idea, sign me up!

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

I'm in Jo.Another great idea :)
Thanks.

♥ Nia said...

Sounds fun!! :D
I'm going to check my stitching gallery, see if I find something on the theme ;)

EvalinaMaria said...

I would love to be a part of Secret Stitching Sweetheart. Please sign me up!

Jan Gartlan said...

What fun! You are so creative with your blog ideas! Count me in...

Santa Clara Artesanato said...

lindo!
Faço divulgação de blogs, fanpages e sorteios. Venha participar também!
beijos
http://santaclaraartesanato.blogspot.com.br/