I'm using my WIPGO Board to decide what to stitch this year. Both numbers for July were for Mirabilia's Fairy Idyll so I got a lot of progress on her.
This is the main area I worked on, finishing her bedding and frills:
Then I started on the vines around the top and edges. These are charted to be stitched in brown Wisper but I didn't like the way it backstitches as the fluff gets flattened from being pulled through the fabric. Instead, I backstitched the lines in DMC 3031 then whip stitched using the Wisper, much more fluffy and a smoother line too.
Here's the whole piece as she looks now:
stitched on 32 count Vinyard Murano from Crafty Kitten
My Dark 13 project is Witching Hour by Keslyn's, and I added an G:
stitched 1 over 2 on 32 count Cirrus evenweave from Chromatic Alchemy
stitched on 32 count Vintage Country Mocha Linen
I whip stitched the caterpillar's hookah pipe too
My plan is to stitch each page as it is released and I'm pretty much keeping up so far.
2 comments:
Great progress on fairy idyll! I'd probably have tried couching the whisper floss, but your version worked out great as well.
Love the Alice in Wonderland book! I don't think I've seen this one stitched up before, the characters are very cute.
Double white rabbits, nice,
Post a Comment