A blog trying to focus on all the nice things in life, those moments when everything turns out right. Finding the perfect fabric for that chart you love, the ideal sampler quote, just the right picture in all the 1000s of magazines you own. Meeting people who share your interests and obsessions and totally understand why you NEED that chart when you already have enough to last until you're 104
Each month we have to share the projects we want to complete before the End Of The World.
Since 2011 I have chosen a number of projects to focus on that year, starting with my "11 in '11" and increasing to "19 in '19" for this year. You can find the full list here. This month I stitched on five of my list and had one finish:
1. Enchanted Alphabet by Lavender & Lace
stitched on 32 count Murano in Tiger Lily by Sparklies
The owl is from a Maria Diaz sampler in Cross Stitcher magazine issue 349
2. Raven by Nora Corbett
stitched on 32 count Belfast in Nebula by Crafty Kitten
3. Mystic Sampler by Primitive Needle - a finish!
stitched on 40 count Newcastle in Jewel Butterbeer by Under The Sea Fabrics
seen here with my TUSAL.
More photos to follow in later posts
4. 25th Anniversary Cameo by Mirabilia
stitched on random 28 count hand-dyed evenweave
5. Victorian Christmas Tree by Sue Hillis Designs
stitched on 28 count green evenweave
Bling to be added.
Measi always gives us a topic to discuss too. October - Do you prefer to stitch on a rotation or one project at a time?
I think you probably all know the answer to this one! I do like a rotation. I have tried several over the years and the one that suits me is based around the time of the day.
1. Each morning after breakfast - a small daily stitch project - it might be 10-a-Day or one length a day. In October it has been Mystic Sampler, approximately one 20 x 20 block per day.
2. The afternoon - My focus piece for the day. This year it has been The Discworld Mappe for a fortnight each month. Then one of the other projects on my "19 in '19"
3. The Small Boy's Bath-time - stitching while supervising. This year I have stitched on Mrs Peggotty's Queen of Hearts and the Jessica Savage Words as well as some of my Christmas Ornaments.
Finally, there will be a Hallowe'en Trick or Treat Blog Hop as usual this year. I am currently working on the Mystery Phrase and will email all the participants very soon.