Translate

Monday 3 June 2019

June TUSAL

Tusal


And now it's TUSAL time, the Totally Useless SAL where we all show our ORTS and link-up on Daffycat's blog (if she makes a post, she's gone very quiet again).

Here is my TUSAL jar with my current projects:


On the left we have Just Nan's Butterfly Needlebook:

stitched on 28 count pink evenweave

This is a lovely thick hand-dyed fabric which was a gift from Mouse.  However, it's not quite an evenweave.  It's actually 29 count in one direction and 31 in the other, so the "squares" are not quite square.  But the way I have oriented the central motif means it will still look square.  That was lucky!

The other project is also a Just Nan.  This is A Little Joy from Just Cross Stitch 2002 for the Christmas Ornament Blog:

stitched on 28 count Platinum linen.

This fabric is a total contrast as it is very loosely woven.  The original design called for the central motif to be stitched over one on a separate piece of fabric and inserted into a tiny frame charm then attached to the main piece.  Which would have looked lovely if the tiny frame charm was still available.  So I'm just stitching it over one right onto the main design.



Finally, there will be a Summer Blog Hop this year.  We will have an International Theme for the Postcards this year.  Each person emails me a photo of something they have stitched on an International theme which is suitable to send to a fellow stitcher along with a short message of the kind you write on a postcard.  I will forward the photo to another participant who shows it on their blog.  The photo can be anything which fits the International theme, let's see which countries we visit this Summer.  If you'd like to take part then leave a comment or send me an email.

The Hop will run over the whole of the Summer with a few cards going out each week.  Final deadline will be the end of August, just in time for Back to School!







12 comments:

butterfly said...

You do some lovely stitching Jo.
Enjoy your day.

Rhona said...

Lovely stitching! I really must get back into the habit of posting my orts with the TUSAL again.

Katie said...

Great stitching. I'm not sure I understand the theme for the postcard swap but I want to participate. Just don't know what I have that will qualify as international.

diamondc said...

Beautiful designs you are working on.
What a fun idea to do the postcard swap.

Catherine

Astrids dragon said...

A Little Joy looks very sweet and I'm glad you figured out the "square" for your needlebook.
Count me in for the summer hop, I need to see what I have or what I'm making!

Julie said...

Joy is a pretty one (but you I knew I would say that, didn't you LOL)

Ariadne said...

I'd love to take part too but like Katie am wondering what you mean. Can you please explain? AriadnefromGreece!

Leonore Winterer said...

Great stitching! I do hate it when fabrics turns out to not be quite even, but it looks like yours is still going to work out fine.
Sign my up for the postcard SAL - I'm not quite sure what to send in yet, but I'm sure I'll find something suitable :)

Clare-Aimetu said...

Count me in for the Summer Hop, thanks for organising another fun activity for us. I'll sort out a photo soon :-)

Rachel said...

Where would you be without your Just Nan projects! Love them both and, without seeing the original picture, think the Christmas Ornie looks lovely as it is. :)

RJ said...

I really like "A Little Joy". I love how the trees surround it. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

RJ said...

Oh I would love to do the summer postcard hop too. I forgot to mention. RJ