Translate

Friday 29 March 2019

March Smalls SAL

The Smalls SAL is hosted by Mary's Thread

I completed my Just Nan small for the month and got the charm for the centre.  I just need to scrapbook it before the 10th for Rachel's FFO Gallery.

stitched on 32 count Antique White linen

As I said before, this was a time-consuming piece but worth it.

My theme for the Christmas Ornament SAL is the old issues of Just Cross Stitch.  This month was any design from the 2007 issue.  I chose The Sweetheart Tree's Noel Christmas Bellpull:

stitched on 32 count linen

I used the DMC conversion and changed the beads to the ones I had in my stash.  Again, this will be fully-finished in time for Rachel's FFO Gallery.




I am including the motifs for my spooky conversion of Lavender & Lace's Enchanted Alphabet as part of this SAL.  This month I stitched a realistic moon from a Pic2Pat chart of the real moon:

stitched on 32 count Murano in Tiger Lily by Sparklies

I'm also preparing some small stones for the Easter Holiday activities at work.  Our theme is going to be the popular Farmyard Tales by Usborne Publishing.  Each page features a little yellow duck the children have to find as you read the story.





Finally, I will be hosting my Annual Easter Treasure Hunt on Good Friday the 19th April. If you would like to take part this year, just leave a comment here. The week before Easter I will send you a letter of the alphabet which will form part of the mystery phrase. On Good Friday you will post that letter along with a photo of something seasonal that you have stitched (could be Easter or Spring or just something cheerful and sunny or floral). We all hop around like little bunnies to find the Mystery Phrase!












18 comments:

rosey175 said...

I really like how the bellpull turned out! You had very appropriate beads in your stash for it. Is the fabric it's stitched on different colors or is it some trick of the light?

Love the little sheep wool swirls!

Elfie said...

Your bellpull is delightful. I'm looking forward to seeing it finished. I also love your Just Nan. The charm sets it off beautifully. I'd like to join the Easter Hop.

Mary's Thread said...

Oh my, it's all great, as usual! I love both the Sweetheart Tree bellpull AND the Just Nan. That moon is STUNNING. And the duck rocks! Too cute!

I will join the Easter Blog Hop! Count me in!

Mini said...

Lovely finishes Jo. The Christmas one is specially neat.
I love all your rock paintings, may take that up in my new house in India.

Kay said...

I remember those Usborne books, I used to read them with my children and enjoyed looking for the hidden ducks. The charm in the Just Nan design really makes the design so special. x

Vickie said...

Your Just Nan piece turned out perfect. What a stunner the Sweetheart Tree Bellpull is!! I love the rocks Jo. :) Please add me to the Easter Treasure Hunt. Thank you!!

Barb said...

Your stones are works of art. I absolutely love the enchanted alphabet. there is so much to look at. That little gate is wonderful and I love the moon, I will be happy to participate in the Easter Hope.

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finishes Jo. Love our rocks.

Linda

Rachel said...

Lovely pieces, especially the Bell Pull, so dainty!
Ah, memories - we used to love the farmyard stories and looking for the little ducks. Hope you have fun with them at work. :)

Christine said...

My girls loved "Find the Duck" when they were little - I ended up drawing Duck everywhere too.
I love the Christmas ornament

deb said...

The JN piece is beautiful, but so very many color changes (eep!). The Sweetheart Tree ornament is one that always catches my eye when I page through my ornament issues, and now that I've seen yours, it's going on my must-stitch list (you enabler, you). The moon looks incredible, and once again your painted rocks are adorable.

Faith... said...

Do you paint the rocks freehand? If so you draw great! Noel looks wonderful!

Pamela said...

The bell pull is gorgeous! Well done.

Katie said...

Gorgeous pieces!! Love the bellpull. Beautiful. Plus of course great rocks again. You are a fantastic artist.

Julie said...

The Christmas bellpull is beautiful

Bethan said...

Such a beautiful bell pull. I'm also enjoying seeing more of your decorated stones x

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

So much goodness!

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, that little charm is just perfect, and I love the bellpull! The Sweetheart Tree does beautiful designs.