Translate

Monday 18 February 2019

February IHSW


IHSW or International Hermit and Stitch Weekend always starts on the third Friday of the month.  It's a chance to lock yourself away and focus on your stitching for the weekend.  You can take part on your blog or via the Facebook page.  Links at the bottom of this post.

Friday is usually my day to go to the Crafty Coffee Morning but the shop which hosts it is relocating this month so the last two Fridays have been Coffee & Cakes at my house instead.

I'm using this time to work on my Just Nan Smalls.  Since the last IHSW I finished Thanks a Bunch and started Fairy Roses.

Thanks A Bunch
stitched on 32 count Antique White linen

The little Floral Bunch charm is discontinued so I'm using a butterfly instead.

Straight on to the next one in turn:

stitched on 32 count Antique White linen

This one is quite unusual as it is not symmetrical.  The green stitches are quite random so I've made a working copy of the chart and colour each symbol in as I go.

The next project is one I've been working on for just over a year, stitching a little bit each day while my son is in the bath.  Linda was SAL with me and she finished recently so it was time to ramp it up and get it done!


Alice & the Flamingo by Mrs Peggotty Arts
stitched over 1 on 25 count blue evenweave

I really enjoyed this piece, the blocks of colour meant you didn't have to change thread too often.  I usually prefer stitching a monochrome at bathtime for this reason but with this project I could use the same colour all session most evenings.

The plan now is to stitch the Satsuma Street Nest Egg design and then start on Mrs Peggotty's Queen of Hearts.  I don't think I'll catch Linda up as she's already started her.

stitched on 32 count Belfast in Marie's Daffodil by Chromatic Alchemy


My main focus piece for IHSW was the Discworld Mappe.  Thank you to everyone who said how much they enjoy seeing this piece.  You're going to be seeing a LOT of it this year!

Here's where it was on Friday:

stitched on 32 count Murano custom-dyed by Sparklies

and here is where I am now:


I didn't quite finish the banner pink because it was so boring after a while, so I started alternating with some grey for the heraldic hippo instead.


A few people have said that they don't do Facebook and asked if I could host a link-up for them, so here it is! Just add your name and the link to your actual IHSW post, not just your blog home page.

*

*


The next IHSW will be 15th - 17th March so make sure you note the date in your diary or come and join us in the Facebook Group - IHSW on Facebook. If you don't do Facebook then you can check in here.

Finally, the Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop was a great success.  Everyone posted on the actual day and now all the links go direct to the SSS post on each blog so you can still hop round quite easily.

Here's a collage of all the photos sent in:

(can you tell I have a new collage maker?





21 comments:

Julie said...

Lovely collage maker, they all look so pretty.
The butterfly looks delightful on Thanks a Bunch.

Vickie said...

Alice is soooooooooooo fantastic! Yes! I love the new collage. :D

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

You managed to get far more stitching done than I did (mine being zero stitching haha).

I LOVE the collage!! I stitched that Satsuma Street last year and I LOVED it. Can't wait to see yours finished :D

Barb said...


All the hearts are so pretty. Alice looks wonderful!

Mini said...

Congrats on finishing Alice. You made great progress Discworld. I enjoyed the SSS blog hop .

Do tell me more about your crafting group? I love to hear about craft groups.

butterfly said...

Beautiful stitching Jo I love the top one and Alice is beautiful.
Every one of your stitching items are looking wonderful and so colourful.

Clare-Aimetu said...

What a super collection of hearts, it was a lovely Blog Hop thank you. Alice is beautiful.

Rachel said...

Wow, what a successful IHSW! Your Just Nans are lovely, congratulations on your sweet Alice finish (complete with symmetrical borders and the corrected shade of green) and that's great progress on the Discworld Mappe. I hope you enjoy Queen of Hearts as much as you enjoyed Alice. :)

Katie said...

Thanks a Bunch is too pretty. Love the butterfly charm. Good luck with the next one. Sure looks pretty already. Congrats on finishing Alice! Looks great! The Nest Egg is very neat. Love that bright fabric. Great pink progress on the mappe. Lovely collage. It was another fun blog hop.

Christine said...

On the plus side with the JN, if it's not symmetrical no-one will be able to tell if you go wrong :D
The collage of hearts looks lovely

Beth in IL said...

Love the collage with all the photos! Your Mappe is coming along.

Mini said...

Managed to put up a post , super late though!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I love the Valentine collage. It's good to see the progress on your projects.

Tiffstitch said...

Great to see how far Discworld has progressed, that is incredible! Also, I used the incorrect link first, and have added the correct one now. Love the collage!

diamondc said...

Jo: Totally love your collage maker, so cool.
Discworld is really showing progress, love that hippo.
I am liking the butterfly charm.
Alice and Flamingo are beautiful.

Catherine

Astrids dragon said...

Coffee and cakes sounds like fun, do you get much done?!
Thanks a Bunch looks so pretty, I like it with the butterfly.
Yay for Alice, she looks amazing! Are you going to frame her straight away?

Carol said...

Love your Alice finish, Jo! I feel the same way--I need easy stitching in the evenings as the light fades :)

Pretty hearts--I'm sure you'll have loads of fun with your new collage maker!

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress this weekend - Alice looks awesome and I can#t wait to see the Queen of Hearts. That banner on the map is huge, no wonder it got boring after a while!

Mary said...

I'm impressed with your collage1!! Great job! Congrats on finishing Alice! Disco world is really shaping up now too!!

Linda said...

Congrats on finishing Alice Jo. She looks great. Looking forward to seeing your start on the Queen. Nice progress on your other pieces.

Linda

RJ said...

Everything is wonderful Jo. Alice is truly amazing. She looks like she is looking right at me. Just a super wonderful stitch. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever