Translate

Wednesday 28 February 2018

February WIPocalypse Gadgetry

WIPocalypse
WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings

Each month we have to share the projects we want to complete before the End Of The World.  For me, this will be my "18 in '18".  Many of them are part of SALs so I will be working on them each month.

This month I have stitched on 10 of the 18 projects!

1. Lavender & Lace - Enchanted Alphabet Spooky Conversion:

stitched on 32 count Tiger Lily Murano by Sparklies


2. Chatelaine Designs - Gardens of London:

stitched on 32 count Cotton Clouds Belfast by Crafty Kitten

3. Just Nan - Summer in the Square:

stitched on 32 Light Mocha linen

4. Donna Kooler - Zodiac:

stitched on 32 count Millenium Blue linen

5. Jardin Prive - Happy Hallowe'en Night:

stitched on 32 count Cognac linen

6. Dam Good Crafts - Dracula:

stitched on 32 count Amortentia by Chromatic Alchemy

7. Just Nan - 12 Days of Christmas:

stitched on 32 count Vintage Grain Linen

8. Satsuma Street - Libra:

stitched on 28 count Black Jobelan

9. Mrs Peggotty - Alice and Flamingo:

stitched over 1 on 25 count blue evenweave

10. Just Nan - Diamond Bouquet:

stitched on 28 count lilac evenweave


Measi always sets us a discussion topic:

February – Gadgets! Show us your favorite stitching gadgets!

Strangely enough, I am not really a stitching gadget person.  I have my scissors (of course), my ORTs tin with a needleminder on top to hold the needle when I change thread.  I have a few projects bags made by friends and that's about it.  I stitch in hand so no frames or hoops.  I don't use a fancy light, natural daylight or the house lights are good enough for me.

I wonder if a spreadsheet is considered a gadget?  I do use a lot of them!  

One tracks my spending for Stitch from Stash:

February
5 Satsuma St charts £20.16
Mr Linky £3.69
Cross Stitcher sub £8.72
Total £32.57

Satsuma Street were having a sale so I decided to get the next four Astrology signs and the new Easter Goose chart.
Mr. Linky is another gadget, purely for the benefit of you lot so I can run more than one link-up at a time.  It's free if you only need one at a time or £3.69 for 13 months silver membership.

Pie is not a gadget, although I do use my spreadsheets to make it.




A focus on my Chatelaine and then a couple of days for all the other SAL projects.  Exactly as per the plan at the start of the month.


🐇 🐇 🐇 🐇 🐇 🐇 🐇 🐇

Finally, I will be hosting an Easter Blog Hop with a Treasure Hunt for the Mystery Phrase.  Provide your own eggs!  If you would like to take part this year, just leave a comment here.  The week before Easter I will send you a letter of the alphabet which will form part of the mystery phrase.  On Good Friday you will post that letter along with a photo of something seasonal that you have stitched (could be Easter or Spring or just something cheerful and sunny or floral). We all hop around like little bunnies to find the Mystery Phrase!

Here's a link to last year's hop so you can see how it all works - Easter Treasure Hunt Blog Hop 2017

The Easter Hop is the second peak of our Five Hops Challenge.  Everyone who joins in with all five hops this year (either as a participant or as a commenter) will be entered into the Five Hops draw at the end of the year.





22 comments:

Kay said...

I am always so impressed when I see how much other stitchers do in a month compared to me! Loving the Lavender and Lace conversion. x

Michelle Garrette said...

Your fabric for Spooky Alphabet is EVERYTHING!! I think spreadsheets count as gadgets; why not?! And I love that you added your Stitch From Stash on there. Great idea.

Julie said...

Such a colourful post this one is, lots to feast the eyes on. Loving Summer in the Square

Beth in IL said...

Wow! You have been super busy! No gadgets?!I will have to remedy that!

Beth in IL said...

Jo! Sign me up for the hop too. I need to find something spring to stitch. I must have something in my stash!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely stitching Jo but looking at it I feel the year has raced away hee hee

Linda said...

Great progress on all your projects Jo. Now that I have 3 and half rows of pink done on Alice I'm feeling a little bit better about it.

Linda

Katie said...

Great gadgets. Thanks for sharing. Beautiful progress on your amazing projects.

deb said...

Spreadsheets are most definitely gadgets! ... of a sort. ;) This might be my favorite of your monthly posts since you show off everything and include pie. Beautiful work, as ever.

RJ said...

You always amaze me with how many projects and extras you have going on each month. So how much time do you put into each of the 18 every day or do you pick different days for different projects? RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Rachel said...

Considering you spent almost half the month working on the Chatelaine, you did amazingly well to fit so much else in too. Fantastic WIPocalypse post (and, as you know, I'm totally with you on spreadsheets being a gadget!) :)

Brigitte said...

Great stitching on all these projects, Jo. It must be a lot of fun to see all the progress at the end of the month.
Not a lot of gadgets here either, I even don't have a needle minder, lol. The only gadget I can't do without is my magnifyer. I couldn't do a single stitch without it, even not on 28 ct fabric.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Great stitching on all your projects. Like Brigitte, I couldn't stitch without my magnifier lamp.

Ariadne said...

Those are lovely pieces you have stitched on! I will be taking part in the Easter bloghop if you want me to.AriadnefromGreece!

OhSewCrafty said...

You have such a wonderful collection of projects, Jo! And you've made great progress on Alice, it's nice to see the center image appear. And only 3 more letters on your spooky alphabet to go... happy stitching in March!

Christine said...

Loads of lovely projects there. I'm not much of a stitching gadget user either unless you count the fact that I have a different pair of glasses for my stitching

rosey175 said...

What a rainbow of stitching! I especially like Wee Night haha.

Gadgets. Hmm. Maybe the computer counts as one! And I can't live without hoops or Q-snaps to hold fabric taught. I like the tension control it gives, plus I have sweaty palms! Stitching in hand only works if I can hold it in my fingertips haha. I'll eventually have to get a magnifier though.

Justine said...

Beautiful stitching as always Jo - you have such a great variety of projects on the go. I would think spreadsheets are a necessity with so many active WIPs!

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, another very productive stitching month for you! I love how organized you are. Summer in the Square looks like it's almost finished...is it?

sally said...

Lovely stitching. I really like the variegated fabric you've chosen for Enchanted and Dracula. My fave gadget is my hoop. x

Jaret said...

I think your spreadsheet counts as a wonderful gadget. It helps you track your stitching progress. That's a great tool! Beautiful stitching, as usual.

Lady Stitch-a-Lot said...

Lovely work on all your projects =) I especially love the Gardens of London, it's soooo pretty =)