Translate

Monday 10 February 2014

The Continuing Story

of my three current WIPS.

Some people rotate, some people OAAT (one at a time), I just seem to muddle along!  Usually I have a small project for the daytime when the boys are about and a large project for the evening when there is peace and quiet.  But as I am stitching to a deadline I have been stitching on Elizabeth whenever I can.  Here is my latest progress:


Several people have admired the colours.  They are from Olde Willow Linen Threads except for the pale pink which is DMC 152.  I planned to use the Olde Willow yellow but it blended into the fabric too much.

This is an unusual part of the rotation - I stitch while the Small Boy is in the bath, so one or two lengths each day.  Slow but steady progress.  Here is a close-up of the border I am currently stitching:


If you look back to the previous post you will see how much I have stitched in four days.  Slow but steady!

I did make time at the weekend to complete another block on my Primitive Hare Spooky Countdown.  Giovanna and I are stitching one block a week on this:


I decided to stay with the 32 count over 2.  I have changed the DMC 3012 to the slightly darker 3011 when it is stitched alone on the fabric as in the leaves.  It looked fine for the face details but didn't show enough against my fabric.

I have been keeping a close eye on the Comments to my blog.  They are coming in thick and fast so I apologise if I haven't replied to your recent ones.  If you said "lovely stitching" please assume I am very grateful and say "Thank You" if I don't get a chance to reply!!  Anyway, I recently got my 5000th comment, woohoo!!  This came from Gwen of Guava Gems.  Gwen is one of our Scarlet Letter Year stitchers and does some lovely stitching, you should check out her First Finish for 2014, a gorgeous mini-sampler which fits into a little tiny tin case.  There will be a little something in the post to Gwen.  After I finish my SL sampler!!

I've being doing alot of those "Which character in XYZ are you?" quizzes on FB just lately.  They are so much fun!  Apparently I am "Present Day David Bowie" in the "Which Era David Bowie are you?" quiz.  It says everybody loves me and hangs on my every word!  I was joking with my son and hubby that I got this result because I ticked "I don't have friends, I have followers".  The Large Boy asked how many followers I have now, quick as a flash I said "454".  A little too quickly it would seem from the look on his face!  Hubby and I just couldn't help laughing at his expression, a real WTF?  moment!  Apparently Mothers are not supposed to know exactly how many people follow them...
Bizarre - Planet Rock has just started playing a David Bowie track as I was finishing typing that, Life on Mars!

Finally, today is the last day to send me your photos for the Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.  I currently have 13 which would be most unlucky, we managed 14 the last two years!   So send them in please!






13 comments:

Michele said...

I tend to be a one at a time stitcher, then it all depends on the attention span I have for the project and if there are any lurking attention stealers. (Usually they are smaller and quick to do.) LOL Nice job on your progress.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Elizabeth is looking quite pretty. I seem to be a OAAT stitcher!

Julie said...

Elizabeth is growing nicely Jo.
Congrats on 5000 c0mments WOW!!
I have 3 SAL's on the go on set days of the week, other than that I stitch whatever, whenever!

Krista said...

Wonderful progress on Elizabeth, Jo! Looks awesome! Turns out I am also a Present Day Bowie, and love Life on Mars BTW! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Jo

Beautiful stitching. I'm a OOAT stitcher!
Have a good week.

Linda said...

Wonderful progress on all of them Jo. When I started stitching in the mid 80's and until about 10 years ago I was a OAAT stitcher until I discovered blogland.

Linda

Bianca said...

I love the Primitive Hare project, can't wait to see more :)

Giovanna said...

Nice progress on the WIPs! I might have to delay the next block of the Countdown for a few days...but I'll catch up :-)

Kate said...

Lovely progress Jo. I stitch whatever, whenever unless I have an exchange piece or a gift to complete.

Jan Gartlan said...

Great to read about your rotation process. Mine is a bit random too but I am trying to order it more. I love your current WIPs especially spooky countdown. Will you make them into little pillows?

Susan said...

I have a defined rotation or most of my WIPs/UFOs would never get any attention. You're making great progress on everything. Ummm, I'm the Make Money Bowie - not sure how I feel about *that* one.

xstitchatoz said...

Hello from one of your 454! Tee hee, I can just picture the WTF face :)
Great progress on all your projects, hats off to your multitasking talents - it`d probably kill me if I couldn`t finish the one stitching I`m working on at any given time ASAP (and probably I`d lose my job too, lol). On the 3rd spooky one, are you using Holbein stitch? Just curious... Happy stitching!

Kaisievic said...

Lovely stitching - no need to reply - lol!

No seriously, i loved this post and congrats on 5000 comments.