Translate

Friday 13 December 2013

In a Hole in the Ground there lived a Hobbit...

who had many adventures, some of which are told in the new film The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug released today.  To celebrate the film's release the blog Crochettes has decided to host a LOTR Challenge.


I actually chose a piece from The Lord of the Rings simply because I liked it and it was a freebie!  Here is a very forbidding Gandalf:


The chart can be found on Pixel Power's website here.  There is a long list of titles but no pictures, you have to click on each link to see the charts.  If you do, you may notice that their Gandalf does not a lovely Runic border like mine.  I charted the border myself.  You get triple Geek points if you can tell me what it says!!

Interestingly, Gandalf does not say "You shall not pass" in the book, he says "you cannot pass".  This link goes some way to explain why the film is different to the book Sci-Fi and Fantasy Stack Exchange.  I quite agree that the film version is more powerful.


enter image description here

I have been posting my Little Stitcher Advent Calendar on my FB page as my daily profile picture and here are some photos of the tree so far:

This are the first 6 designs

Here are the next 6 designs upto number 12

And here is today's panel with just number 13 changed.  Each of the square panels has the number on, they are fixed to the tree with velcro so I just peel off the square and replace it with the relevant stitched panel.

Finally, the Advent Calendar Blog Hop is proceeding nicely, there are lovely stitched piece on there and some great shared memories too.  So don't forget to pop back each day and catch up with the latest blogger.




18 comments:

♫♥ CaroL ♥♫ said...

It's a really lovely Gandalf. Admirable.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Gandalf is so cute!

Vickie said...

Love Gandalf! I was wondering what you would come up with!

Noemi Martin said...

woowww I love your Gandalf, its so cute!!

Jan Gartlan said...

That's fabulous! When are you going to the movie? Enjoy it

Bianca said...

I love Gandalf! The fabby you used is great too.

Nire Barregozoak said...

Te ha quedado precioso!!!

Michelle said...

I adore your tree its beautiful xx

Christine said...

I am a servant of the secret fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. The Dark fire will not avail you Flame of Udun
He is just gorgeous.
We are off to see it at lunchtime

Miss Lilly said...

Super awesome :D
I can't wait to see the new film!

Lux* said...

I'm loving it!! It's wonderful! ahaha You shall not pass!! <3 love! and the runes are so great!
thanks for take part on the challenge!

Lili said...

Gandalf is so cute! The fabric is gorgeous!
Please, tell us what the meaning of the border ;)
Nice little advent ornaments!

Hugs,
Lili

The Crafty Princess said...

Wow stunner you are amazeballs, charting your own rune border. I love the fabby you have stitched Gandalf on. Sorry I don't know what it says though!
Alicia xo

Tsukeeno's said...

Omg! So cute I just want to hug him forever <3

Susan said...

Very nice finish. I just managed to see the first installment and am ready to see part 2 but doubt I will for a while.

Julie said...

Love your tree.

Heather said...

Super cute!

Joysze said...

Hi Jo!!! :D Love that chart. No geek points for me!! LOL!!!

What did you think of Desolation of Smaug? Cumberbatch is so yummy, isn't he???? :D