Translate

Thursday 10 October 2019

Finally Fully Finishing Fun for October

Hosted by Rachel the Ten Hour Stitcher

This SAL is designed to motivate us all to do something with that box of Finished pieces instead of just storing them under the bed.  We will all be linking up on Rachel's blog on or after the 10th of each month (10 Hour Stitcher - 10th of the month).

Last month I showed you an "Almost Fully Finished" piece and now I am happy to show you the Fully Finished version:


The Sweetheart Tree - Holly and Hardanger
From Just Cross Stitch Ornament Special 2005
stitched on 32 count linen


I added a bow and ribbon loop on top

then used red drawing pins to hold the ribbon in place around the edge:


I also got around to framing the final in the Just Nan Typography series, this is Summer Typography:



The raw wood frames I used for the first three are no longer available but they had a white wood one which I painted pink.  Here are the other three designs in the series:


Awesome Autumn completed 2013


Winter Wonder completed 2015


Splendid Spring completed 2016


Super Summer completed 2019



Finally, there will be a Hallowe'en Trick or Treat Blog Hop as usual this year. I am sure you all know how it works but for those who need a reminder - here's a link to last year's





If you want to take part, just leave a comment here or email me if you are a "no reply" person. I need an email address for you to take part in this hop.




14 comments:

Vickie said...

The Sweetheart Tree - Holly and Hardanger is so pretty. And Summer Typography looks perfect.

diamondc said...

Jo: How lovely, you are a great finisher.
I totally love the ornament.

Catherine

Barb said...

Great finishing Jo. The ornament is so pretty and I love all the framed pieces. I have actually done a bit of finishing myself. I will have to get busy and do a blog post!

Linda said...

Congrats on the great FFO's Jo. I really love your Just Nan pieces.

Linda

Rachel said...

Great finishes and thanks for taking part again!
I love how the ribbon bow you made mimics the bow in the pattern, but I'm assuming that was intentional? And I would never have thought of using drawing pins!
The four seasonal Typography finishes all look great too. Are you going to add some little stickers to the Summer and Autumn frames as you have with Winter and Spring? I'm thinking a couple of buzzing bees and some falling leaves. :)

Kay said...

The Holly and Hardanger is so special, such an exquisite work of art. x

Katie said...

Perfect finish. Love the ribbon. Since I love all season pieces I of course LOVE your framed seasonal pieces. Gorgeous! I like Rachel's idea of adding some pretties to the frames. I think I said add me to the your blog hop but just in case I didn't please add me.

butterfly said...

Some beautiful stitching going on here .
Love the season stitches .

Beth in IL said...

Way to go! Great job on your finishes.

Christine said...

Great finishes! I love the ornament

Carol said...

What a beautiful ornament, Jo! And I love the four seasons pieces--they do look like they would have been quite a lot of fun to stitch!

Rhona said...

What great finishes! Congrats!

Leonore Winterer said...

Great finishing! I love how the frames on the typographies arent't the same but all match. Are you displaying them all together or switching them out by season?

Bethan said...

I'm glad you were able to find a suitable frame in the end! Great finishes