Translate

Wednesday 6 March 2019

March TUSAL

Tusal

It's TUSAL time, the Totally Useless SAL where we all show our ORTS and link-up on Daffycat's blog.

Here is my TUSAL jar with two projects:


I left all the orange floof in the tin so you can see how much there is.  That's my evening ORTs tin and there's usually very little in there.  But this month I decided to frog a large piece of the goose.

Have a look at the previous photo of goosie:


and now:

Satsuma Street - Nest Egg
stitched on 32 count Belfast in Marie's Daffodil by Chromatic Alchemy

The orange in her back was one shade too dark and the more I looked at it the less I liked it.  So I frogged it and will restitch it.  I do love those eggs but I feel this will benefit from some backstitch, just to outline the eggs and the goose.  Not black but a dark grey.

The other project in the TUSAL photo is my spooky conversion of the Enchanted Alphabet by Lavender & Lace.  I am adding a large full moon charted from a photo of the actual moon using Pic2Pat.  I am happy with how it's turning out but progress is a little slow thanks to extra work shifts due to World Book Day this week.  Today I did shop visits for 93 Primary School children aged between 5 and 9.  Luckily not all at the same time!

Finally, here's some rocks I painted for World Book Day, these will be hidden in our shop over the weekend for children to find:










15 comments:

Linda said...

Love the goose Jo. The rocks are so darn cute. Wish I could find one.

Linda

Janet said...

Your piece looks so cute. And you are making great progress.

deb said...

The moon is the perfect addition to your Spooky Alphabet, and those eggs are looking great! (sorry about the frog visit)

Your painted rocks are great - such cute little bookworms, and the kids reading are delightful.

Barb said...

Oh my gosh, your rocks are adorable! You are quite the artist. You did lots of frogging but it will be so worth it when you like the way it looks!

Rachel said...

Sometimes you just have to go with your gut feeling and adjust charts a little. Backstitching will certainly make the goose a little clearer and the eggs pop, and I hope you are pleased with the lighter orange. It'll be interesting to compare the two.

Your gift for painting never ceases to amaze me! I love how you matched the rocks to the books too. The series of 'Ten Little...' go down a storm in my infant school. :)

Julie said...

Happy World Book Day ... love the stones you decorated, I hope you get lots of visitors purchasing books today.
Poor Mrs Goosey .... I hope she is soon fully clothed again.

Katie said...

Great ORTs and great WIPs. The moon looks great. You will a lot more happy with the unpicking on your beautiful goose. We just have to be happy with our pieces don't we. Busy Busy. Love those rocks!!

Vickie said...

Nest Egg is looking so good Jo. Those rocks are awesome!!

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

Oh my gosh, the bookworm rocks are awesome! That is a great idea to have kids find those :D

Faith... said...

That is a lot of ORTs Jo. I think the eggs would look better with some back stitch too. Looking forward to the next time we see it with your changes.

Carol said...

Your little bookworm rocks are the cutest!! I'm sure the kids will be delighted to stumble upon one in the shop :)

rosey175 said...

Alas for the frogging! But if you're not happy with a color, it bugs you to no end. I think backscratching will help the eggs too. Cute little rockworms! 93 kids at once sounds terrifying; glad you didn't have to do that haha

Tiffstitch said...

Good luck with the re-stitching and definitely good to do now before you got further along. A little backstitch sounds like a good idea on this one.

Leonore Winterer said...

Tiny bookworm stones! How cute. I'm looking forward to seeing your goose with the new orange!

ricketyjo said...

That goose is really cute, Jo. And what talent you have for painting stones, those are amazing! I hope the kids had fun finding them :) Have a great weekend!