Translate

Monday 18 March 2019

March IHSW



IHSW or International Hermit and Stitch Weekend always starts on the third Friday of the month.  It's a chance to lock yourself away and focus on your stitching for the weekend.  You can take part on your blog or via the Facebook page.  Links at the bottom of this post.

I was working all day on Friday so I took my current Just Nan small with me for lunchtime stitching:

Fairy Roses - stitched on 32 count Antique White linen

I stitched two of the palest pinks this time.  I've got about 2/3 of the lightest one and then some smyrna stitches to fill the centres of some of the flowers.  Then I'm done.

On Saturday I stitched The Land of Fog?


The Land of Fog (or the Foggy Islands) is a group of small islands widdershins of the continent of XXXX. Very little is known about them, partly due to their being shrouded in perpetual cloud and fog. It was missed, like everything else, by Sir Roderick Purdeigh on his voyages. What scanty reports there are indicate a mountainous terrain dotted with sheep and a few rugby players. According to legend this is where XXXX keeps the lawnmower. This legend, however, is only told on XXXX.
Annotation
A reference to New Zealand. When the Maoris first came to NZ they saw snow on the mountain tops (rather uncommon in their own previously tropical latitudes) and called this new land Aotearoa or "land of the long white cloud". Also famous for having more sheep than people and being home to The All Blacks.

Source - LSpace

I worked all day Sunday so I used Monday as the final day of my weekend and moved over to XXXX and the banner, alternating between the green and the lettering:

stitched on 32 count Murano custom dyed by Sparklies

That green will complete the island so then I can backstitch the whole place.


A few people have said that they don't do Facebook and asked if I could host a link-up for them, so here it is! Just add your name and the link to your actual IHSW post, not just your blog home page.

*

*

The next IHSW will be 19th - 21st April so make sure you note the date in your diary or come and join us in the Facebook Group - IHSW on Facebook. If you don't do Facebook then you can check in here.

Finally, most serendipitously, Friday 19th April is also Good Friday in England so I will be hosting my Annual Easter Treasure Hunt.   If you would like to take part this year, just leave a comment here. The week before Easter I will send you a letter of the alphabet which will form part of the mystery phrase. On Good Friday you will post that letter along with a photo of something seasonal that you have stitched (could be Easter or Spring or just something cheerful and sunny or floral). We all hop around like little bunnies to find the Mystery Phrase!

Here's a link to last year's hop so you can see how it all works - Easter Treasure Hunt Blog Hop 2018



18 comments:

Ariadne said...

Count me in for the Easter blog hop please. Christian Orthodox Easter is again on a different date but it will still be fun!AriadnefromGreece!

Linda said...

Nice progress Jo.

Linda

Katie said...

Oh I'm glad you are doing the blog hop Friday. I live Sunday and was worried about having internet to hop along to all the other blogs. Now I can definitely participate before we hit the tracks (taking the train haha). Lovely stitching. You are really making great progress on the mappe. Love watching it grow.

Tiffstitch said...

Lovely progress and so close on your small! Please count me in for the blog hop.

Julie said...

Fairy roses is a new one to me, pretty

butterfly said...

Lovely work Jo , enjoy a good week.

Janet said...

Your work looks very nice.

Sheryl said...

The Fairy Roses piece is very pretty Jo, nearly finished now. Please count me in for the Easter Treasure Hunt blog hop, always great fun.

Beth in IL said...

Please add me to the Hop! Lovely progress!

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress! Those little bit of info about the Diskworld you're sharing really make me want to start the books. Someday!
Count me in for the Easter Blog hop, I already have something in mind that I could share.

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

Hi, count me in for the Easter Hop, at least I remember that I forget the IHSW

diamondc said...

Hi Jo: I am in I need some serious stitching this weekend, this will help.
Thank-you for the link-up.

Catherine

diamondc said...

Lovely stitching, Land Of Frog I just had to look it up, thank-you for the link.

Catherine

Astrids dragon said...

More great progress, that will keep you busy a while.
Yes to the blog hop, such fun!

Faith... said...

Your Land of Fog looks great and so colorful! Of course your Just Nan is gorgeous. She has designed so many gorgeous charts.

OhSewCrafty said...

Land of Fog looks great and such a cool idea. Count me in for the blog hop, please.

Christine said...

Oops, I'd forgotten to link up. Done it now. Discworld id looking fabulous!

littlestitchesart@gmail.com said...

Nice!!!! I want to participate in the Easter Blog Hop. I did last year and it was amazing.