Translate

Friday 15 February 2019

February Gifted Gorgeousness Link-up Post

2019 GG


Welcome to the February Gifted Gorgeousness link-up.  The link-up date continues to be the 15th and I will keep the link-up open until the end of each month so you have plenty of time if you are late posting.

The format remains exactly the same, there is a list of rules on the main sign-up page if you want to check what is required but basically anything connected to the word "gift" is allowed, whether it was a gift TO you or is a gift FROM you.

The first design is stitched on gifted fabric.  The lovely Tiff Stitches sent me this gorgeous piece of acid yellow from Chromatic Alchemy when I moaned about how difficult it was to find a good yellow.  I decided to stitch this Satsuma Street design titled Nest Egg which I call "Goose in a Bonnet" just for fun.

Here is where the piece was left last year:

stitched on 32 count Belfast in Marie's Daffodil by Chromatic Alchemy

And here is where I am now:


I'd love to have this one finished by Easter so I am doing a bit each day.

I worked on my Chatelaine for one week this month.  This was a Birthday present and a number of bloggers donated threads for it.  Here is where I left the second Garden last month:


And here is where I am now:

Noni sent me the lovely yellow I have been using.  


My Discworld Mappe will be a gift for my son, hopefully for his 18th Birthday in 2020.  Here is where is was at the end of last year:


I stitched on it for 2 weeks in January and I am now about to start another two weeks this month.  This is my starting point for today:


Now it is your turn to show us your Gifted Gorgeousness for the month. Please use your name or your blog name in the field and NOT the words "February Update" so I can easily see who has linked up this month. And link to the actual post, not just your blog. It is easier if you copy and paste the link, rather than typing freehand.

*
*

Finally, while I was hopping around last month I noticed that a few people are still using the 2018 logo and linking to the 2018 sign up page which is no longer a valid link.  Please have a little look and make sure you're linking to the 2019 page.









24 comments:

Katie said...

Thanks for hosting. I'm all linked up. Beautiful yellow piece of fabric. Love the Chatelaine and you've made beautiful progress. Hope you get a lot of progress on the mappe.

DJ said...

You are making great progress on your Chatelaine, your goose and your mappe!! What a great idea to stitch two weeks on a project, I might have to try your strategy. Right now I seem to be bouncing all over the place with my stitching with little rhyme or reason. I can't seem to settle my brain on anything in particular! As always, your stitching is lovely!! Thanks again for keeping us all in line with this challenge.

Linda said...

Lots of wonderful progress as always Jo.

Linda

Pamela said...

You've really made a lot of progress. Chatelaine is absolutely gorgeous.

Barb said...

The Chatelaine is so pretty. Discworld Mappe is coming along very well!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely yellow fabric Jo, great stitching on both your gifts.

The linking to 2018 might explain why many of the bloggers in my follow list have posted GG but are not on the list on your page.

butterfly said...

Beautiful stitching Jo .
I have just finished that Easter one.
Have a great weekend .

jocondine said...

This goose should visit my goose game soon. I'm always impressed by your Map, I can see you plan it for a big birthday gift. xxx

Christine said...

The Mappe is looking fabulous and I love Miss Goose in her prim little bonnet

rosey175 said...

That is a lovely yellow! I wonder what makes it so hard to find? Maybe yellow is just one of those ornery colors that is difficult to dye and make it not look like a cat used the fabric as a relief station! Nice to see Discworld is properly named on the stitch now, just in case you forget what you're stitching! :D

Mary said...

Jo, your Chatelain is simply gorgeous!!!

Beth in IL said...

Love all the pieces but the Mappe....Can't wait to see it done!

Susan said...

Lovely stitching and progress. You're right, a good yellow (of anything) is hard to find. I'm not sure if it's a hard color to get right or if it's such an unpopular color that companies don't put much effort in.

cheryl said...

Wonderful progress! I love watching you stitch the Discworld Mappe.
Happy February!

Elfie said...

Beautiful stitching. The fabrics you are using are all gorgeous.

Renee said...

Fabulous progress on such a wonderful variety of projects!

Julie said...

Little goosey is beautiful on the lovely spring yellow

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

You can easily see your progress in each of these projects.

Tiffstitch said...

Nice to see everything growing so well! Love that goose still too. :)

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress on your gifts! I love the goose and how quickly your progressing on the disk world this year. And the gardens are coming together ever so nicely! I seem to be a bit behind stuff again, but hope to link up before the weekend.

Astrids dragon said...

That is a pretty yellow for the Nest Egg, it's coming along nicely. And great progress on the other two!

Leonore Winterer said...

Well, late again - but I'm here at last :)

Bethan said...

Wow Goose in a bonnet has really come along! Good luck with your Easter finish deadline! x

RJ said...

Super stitching Jo. Love the goose with the bonnet...great job. RJ