Translate

Monday 19 November 2018

November IHSW


We've just finished the penultimate International Hermit & Stitch Weekend of the year, the next one will be right before Christmas and I'll be working both days so I doubt much will get done then.

I was actually working this Saturday (Fantastic Beasts Crimes of Grindelwald launch) so only had Sunday for stitching.

I did do some framing and finished an old UFO too.  The two framed pieces are belated Hallowe'en designs.  The first one is Jardin Prive's Happy Hallowe'en Night finished in October.  I used a plain black frame from Wilkinsons:


The second framed piece is an older finish from 2016.  This is Hallowe'en Town by Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery.  It was a mystery release and I really like the first house but as the design grew I wasn't so keen on the rest of it.  So it rested for a little while and then I decided to stitch this piece and call it done.  This is why I don't do mystery SALs anymore.


The frame is actually plastic but has really nice detailing.  It came from QD (another bargain shop in the UK)


The old UFO is this Autumn Tree which was a freebie on one of the old Yahoo groups (who remembers them?).  I saw it on someone else's blog and loved the design.  I used DMC 51 to stitch all the speciality stitches.  It's a lovely mixture of yellow, orange and red.  The fabric is a plain pale green evenweave.  Prettier than the photo suggests!


I only had the beads and the french knots to do.  The original had an owl in the centre space but I decided to add a witchy touch and used a crow charm instead.




  I also added a pumpkin and a tombstone RIP.  Which is what this project can do now!


When I finished my framing session I got back to my current Focus on a Finish project.  Another one of my "18 in '18" started last July and only worked on once this year for the Longest Day SAL.  This is Joan Elliott's Reading Fairy from her 2013 Diary (now available as a chartpack called A Year of Magical Stitching).

stitched on 28 count Jazlyn in Aurora from Crafty Kitten

My evening project is Mrs Peggotty's Alice & the Flamingo.  Here is where she was last month:


Here is where I am now:

stitched over 1 on 25 count evenweave

I like these monthly updates on Alice, it makes it look like progress is taking place much faster than it seems as I stitch!

A few people have said that they don't do Facebook and asked if I could host a link-up for them, so here it is! Just add your name and the link to your actual IHSW post, not just your blog home page.

*

*

The next IHSW will be 21st - 23rd December so make sure you note the date in your diary or come and join us in the Facebook Group - IHSW on Facebook. If you don't do Facebook then you can check in here.

๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ…๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„

Finally, it's time to sign up for the Advent Calendar  Blog Hop!  For this hop, each participant is allocated a day in December to make their post on.  They will show something they have stitched on a Christmas theme and answer the topic question I set.  I then copy their photo onto my blog post in the style of an Advent Calendar.

So if you'd like to join in, please leave a comment or send me an email.  Let me know if there is a date you would particularly like or one you'd like to avoid.  I will be in touch towards the end of the month!

Here is a link to last year's so you can see how it works:




17 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats on all of the beautiful framed pieces Jo. You take a great job. Alice is looking awesome and you made a whole lot of progress this last month.

Linda

Katie said...

Wow you got a lot done indeed. Love your framed pieces. That Autumn Tree is beautiful. All linked up. Thanks for hosting the blog side of this.

Barb said...

All those french knots and beads! You are a brave lady. The framed pieces look great with frames that go very well with the designs.

RJ said...

Love your new stitches Jo. They are done so well. Lot of work went into them but it was worth the time that's for sure. I think that frame looks great. I would like to be a part of the Advent hop. I will send you an email later. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Kay said...

You have been busy. i always feel immense relief when a piece is finally finished. I actually found a stitched piece last week that I had forgotten about, i had finished it and put it away and now need to see about framing it. x

Julie said...

I've never seen Autumn Tree before, very different with the speciality stitches, your charms add a lovely touch to it.

Sandy said...

That tree is so pretty. I like the little ornament and beads. Job well done!

Leonore Winterer said...

You had a wonderfully productive IHSW! Mine was spent mostly knitting...but knitting stitches are a kind of stitches, right?
Great job on the framing, and especially finishing that UFO! I think there are a couple of these tree patterns around, and I adore them all. Yours just has the most perfect colours!
Does Alice have a bottom-border as well? In any case, it looks like you will get VERY close to a finish this year!

Rachel said...

Good to see some pieces being framed and older pieces worked on. That tree is perfect for autumn so how about stitching a matching pink/green one for spring?! Good luck with your next IHSW too - I'm sure you'll find at least 5 minutes somewhere to join in! :)

butterfly said...

Hi jo lovely stitching and framing .
The Autumn tree is so beautiful ,love it

D1-D2 said...

I love your tree. It looks lovely in orange.

Mary said...

Congrats on the finishes, they are both wonderful. But, what really knocked my socks off was your tree!!! I love it!

Mary's Thread said...

Your Alice is coming along so nicely, and I LOVE that tree!

Please count me in for the Advent hop if it's not too late!

Mini said...

great work on framing . Love the Autumn tree.
I'm also wary of the Mystery SALs, you never know you not like the pattern as the SAL growas.
Good progress on Alice.

Ariadne said...

Oh that tree with all the different stitches is wonderful! AriadnefromGreece!

rosey175 said...

Hooray for framing finished pieces! I don't enjoy Mystery SALs and FPS does a LOT of them. I prefer to know the whole design before I buy something. The autumn tree has always been a favorite with all the fun stitches and variations people have done! Can it still be found? Tree of Stitches just gives me everyone else's lovely work hah.

Christine said...

Lovely to see the Hallowe'en piece all framed up. The autumn tree is gorgeous