Translate

Sunday 15 July 2018

Gifted Gorgeousness July Link-up Post


Welcome to the July Gifted Gorgeousness link-up.  The link-up date will continue to be the 15th and I will keep the link-up open until the end of each month so you have plenty of time if you are late posting.

The format remains exactly the same, there is a list of rules on the main sign-up page if you want to check what is required but basically anything connected to the word "gift" is allowed, whether it was a gift TO you or is a gift FROM you.

In the past month I have stitched a few gifted pieces:-

Just Nan's 12 Days of Christmas - chart was a Christmas present:

stitched on 32 count Vintage Grain linen

Chatelaine's Gardens of London - Birthday gift

stitched on 32 count Cotton Clouds Belfast from Crafty Kitten

I had my Longest Day Marathon and some of those pieces were gifts:

Two favourites were both Nora Corbett; Gathering Eggs and Raven:



The final piece is my focus for this month; Lyndifarne's Discworld Mappe which will be a gift for my son:

stitched on 32 count Murano custom-dyed by Sparklies

I actually managed to get a good bit stitched on Saturday afternoon, all the wings and around the hippo's bottomus!  What a thing to stitch!  I'm hoping to get quite a bit of that hippo done later today as next week is a busy week.

I also received some gorgeousness too - chocolate gorgeousness all the way from New Zealand!  The lovely Margaret wanted to thank me for helping her out and sent a box of goodies.  Unfortunately the Large Boy picked the parcel up from the doormat and read the customs label so he knew it wasn't stitchy goodies and wanted to share LOL.



Now it is your turn to show us your Gifted Gorgeousness for the month. Please use your name or your blog name in the field and NOT the words "July Update" so I can easily see who has linked up this month. And link to the actual post, not just your blog. It is easier if you copy and paste the link, rather than typing freehand.

Please could you remember to link up as well as make your post.  There have been a few people making GG posts but not linking.  Which means they don't get entered into the draw.  If you have technical or memory issues, just leave a comment and let me know!

*

*





Finally, the Summer Postcard Blog Hop has started!  The first card went out to Ariadne from Greece, so follow the link below and find out who sent the card to her.  Hopefully her post will appear sometime this week.


If you want to take part, just email me a photo of something you have stitched which is suitable as a postcard to a fellow stitcher along with a short message of the kind you write on a postcard.  I will forward the photo to another participant who shows it on their blog.  The photo can be anything Summer themed, beach themed, holiday themed, you get the idea!   It can be a new piece or something from your archives.


19 comments:

butterfly said...

Great post love your stitching WIPs .
Have a great Sunday.

Kay said...

Raven is going to be stunning on that fabric. x

Mary said...

Lots of progress on Chatelaine's Garden! The basket of sweets from Margaret looks so tempting, love the names of the candy, Bliss balls and hokey pokey!! Fun to see what is made in other parts of the world. Hope your coming week isn't too harried and you get lots of stitching in.

Ariadne said...

I just wrote my blogpost so you can see it!Thanks Jo for all the initiative and interesting challenges. AriadnefromGreece!

DJ said...

What lovely stitching!! I love them all, but can't wait to see more of Gathering Eggs. I've never seen the whole pattern, so I'm intrigued!! What you've stitched so far is beautiful! Got home from a 2 week trip to NY to visit my Mom, just in time last night to see get my post ready! I can't remember if I signed up for the postcard challenge. Is it too late? If I did, I didn't receive your email. It's sad when the memory starts to go...hahaha

Linda said...

They all look great Jo. How is Alice doing?

Linda

cheryl said...

Your "12 Days of Christmas" is looking wonderful. Love the colors! Everything else is moving right along ... fun to see your progress.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

These are wonderful projects with beautiful stitching-as always.

Christine said...

Lots of great stitching Jo. The fabric for Raven is gorgeous

Katie said...

Beautiful stitching. Everything looks great. Finally had time to link up. Thanks for hosting.

RJ said...

Unbelievable progress as always. I just don't know how you keep up with so many stitches and they are all so pretty too. 12 days is gorgeous and every thing else is moving along so well. RJ

Leonore Winterer said...

Lovely progress - that flying hippo is so fun, I can't wait to see more of him! I'm all posted and linked up, and not even two days late. Amazing, right?

Mini said...

Lovely progress on all your projects. I haven't been stitching since a month, still managed to post something.

Beth in IL said...

Thanks for hosting this! It is always fun to see what people are stitching.

rosey175 said...

Of course there's no Alice in GG when I'm perfectly timed to say "I'm late, I'm late" and flail around like the White Rabbit. Hope you had a successful time of stitching more than the hippo's bottomus ahaha~

Tiffstitch said...

I finally posted, and so glad to see the turtle again!

Julie said...

Always lovely things to see when I visit with you Jo. x

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Each project that you are working on is brilliant, Jo. Lots of progress.

jocondine said...

Here I am on GG post, so late... Love your 12 days stitching, lovely colors. xxx