Translate

Monday 21 May 2018

May IHSW


We've just had an International Hermit & Stitch Weekend where I didn't actually have to work but there was still a lot going on so I didn't quite manage to reach my goal of completing the turtle's head.

Here's where I was on Tuesday for GG:


Progress by end of Friday:


Current Progress:


The full piece so far, with one of my little elephant thread holders.  These were a cover gift from Cross Stitcher so I've been using them for the main colours.


The other project I've been working on is Mrs Peggotty's Alice and the Flamingo.  Here's where I was last IHSW:


And here's where I am now:

stitched over 1 on 25 count blue evenweave

The colours are much better in this photo.  I've added both arms and a large amount of flamingo!  The brown/tan in the centre is her hair around her hairbow.  There are lots of colours in the current two pages I am working on.  Which makes a nice change after all the pink!


Finally, the next IHSW will be 15th - 17th June so make sure you note the date in your diary or come and join us in the Facebook Group - IHSW on Facebook.  If you don't do Facebook then you can check in on Joysze's Blog - Random Ramblings.  If she does a post, she doesn't always do one!







16 comments:

Vickie said...

"A nice change after all the pink"?! What?! ;) Lookin' good my friend!

Stasi said...

You are so close on your turtle head!!!!

Barb said...

You accomplish so much wonderful stitching! It amazes me. I think I should join the group. I stitch every night for at least 2 hours. That might qualify!

Katie said...

You got so close to your goal of finishing his head. Beautiful! Great work on your Alice piece too.

diamondc said...

Hi Jo: Great progress, I will be doing the ISHW next month, I just hate signing up on facebook, I miss the old way of signing up.

Blessings
Catherine

Rhona said...

The turtle looks amazing....you almost got your goal!Great progress on the Alice piece too.

Kaisievic said...

Oh, I am so dumb, I just realised that it is a turtle's head and the map is on his shell?????

Leonore Winterer said...

Even if you didn't quite finish the head, you still made a lot of progress, and it looks great - just as Alice does :)

rosey175 said...

You've almost completed the head! There is a lot more confetti in it than I previously thought! Haaaaaaa, I knew Vickie would comment on the pink! How nice Alice has all her fingers now. Maybe she'll stitch some in the night. :D

I miss the old way of signing up for IHSW too. More and more I'm growing to hate facebook and what it's become. I may jump ship entirely soon.

Christine said...

Both projects are looking fabulous

Brigitte said...

Nearly done, the turtle‘s head. And Alice is coming along so nicely. I also love these colour changes, block stitching is not for me, lol.

Bethan said...

Looks like great progress has been made x

deb said...

Alice has hands! And arms! And look at that flamingo grow - great progress, and also on the turtle head, that looks nearly done!

Every time I see IHSW posts, I think how absolutely lovely it would be to hermit all weekend and stitch for hours each day. (sigh)

Julie said...

Great progress on the turtles head, you are really whizzing along with that.

Rachel said...

Judging by your progress you obviously had a great weekend of stitching. :)

The Crafty Princess said...

OMG I just realised it was the turtles head too!!! D'oh. Now that I look at it, it's totally obvious. Sooooo much progress stunner. May IHSW = great success.
xo Alicia