Translate

Saturday 17 March 2018

Marching on with the TUSAL

Tusal

It's TUSAL time, the Totally Useless SAL where we all show our ORTS and link-up on Daffycat's blog.

Here is my TUSAL jar with three current projects:


On the right we have Mrs Peggotty's Alice and Flamingo, mostly tree so far!  The goal to finish it in a year is 2 pages per month.  There are 7 pages in each column and I have stitched all of pages 7, 6 and 5 and most of page 4, some of page 3 and 2 and tiny bit of page 1.  I am not doing a hard page finish because I don't want lines to show.  Instead I continue a few stitches into the next page and reach a natural stopping place.

stitched over one on 25 count blue evenweave

On the left we have a new start for the 10-a-Day SAL, this is Autumn in the Square, the third in the Just Nan series.

stitched on 32 count Light Mocha linen

The final project at the back is the Discworld Mappe by Lyndisfarne Designs, this month's focus piece:

stitched on 32 count evenweave custom-dyed by Sparklies

Close-up of the section I am working on:


I stitched the pointing hand with the Turn-wise banner and started the turtle head.

My final project to show today is the Temperature SAL, some warmer days before we plunge back to purple this weekend!




Finally, I am still really far behind with email replies but I have gone through them all and noted down everyone who wants to take part in the Easter Blog Hop.  If you haven't had a confirmation that you are on the list, please let me know.  There is still plenty of space for anyone else to join in.  I don't choose the Mystery Phrase until the last minute so I can always make it longer if more people join.  Just leave a comment and let me know if you want to be in this year.




16 comments:

deb said...

Look at you go on your Alice! I know the star has not yet made her appearance, but the background looks like something! :) (that's one thing I'm afraid of about doing solid stitching - that I'll stitch and stitch and it won't look like anything, lol) Glad to see the backstitching on the Mappe's turnwise banner and pointing hand - couldn't figure it out the other day. Always love to see your progress on your various projects.

Brigitte said...

Some nice progress on Alice. I stitch the same way when it comes to a page finish - I usually don't make a hard stop just because the page is finished but go on a little bit to the next page.
Nice start on your next 10 days project. And these details on the map are just funny. I'm sure my son would recognize them all whereas me ...

Christine said...

Alice is growing really well (has she been eating mushrooms?)
Love the Discworld Map too

Kaisievic said...

Very nice, ORTs, my dear and lovely stitching as always.

Bethan said...

Great Alice progress - I like the idea of finishing pages but softly. Discworld is looking so detailed! And tiny stitches! x

diamondc said...

Jo: You are one busy stitching lady, nice progress.

Blessings
Catherine

Deb said...

You have a nice selection of projects to work on. Happy Stitching

Mini said...

Lovely assortment of projects. I love the colors in the temp SAL project but if I stitch one, mine will be all orange -red :(

Linda said...

Great progress as always Jo. Alice is looking awesome. I actually managed to do about 140 stitches on her last night. I should be able to catch up with you by Dec. 31.

Linda

Linda said...

I forgot to ask. Which chart are we going to do next year? The white rabbit or the queen of hearts. I have to start thinking way ahead.

Linda

Katie said...

Great progress on your projects. I love following along their journeys. I don't remember if I have received an email from you or not about the Easter blog hop. Please verify I'm on the list.

Julie said...

Alice has grown such a lot, and so has Discworld.
I've kitted up a JN .. finally I hear you say lol

Rhona said...

I always forget to post about the orts....your jar is filling up nicely!
Your temperature SAL is coming along beautifully....great colours!

Daffycat said...

Wonderful stitching! Lots of projects!

RJ said...

Great stitching Jo. You are always one busy lady...I'm in awe at all you do. Everything is progressing so well. RJ

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, Alice is looking great, and so is the Disk World map. I love watching new bits appear on both of them!