Translate

Monday 19 March 2018

March IHSW

This weekend was International Hermit & Stitch Weekend and once again I was working on Sunday! Never mind. I got lots done today instead.

On Friday I went to my Crafty Coffee Morning and took Mrs Peggotty's Alice with me. Here is where she was last IHSW:


And here is where she is now:

stitched over one on 25 count blue evenweave

The goal is to finish six pages by the end of the month.  Possibly 7 pages.

The other project I've been working on is my focus for the month; Discworld Mappe by Lyndisfarne Designs.

Here is where it was at the start of Friday:


And here is where I am now:


And here is the entire piece so far:

stitched on 32 count evenweave custom-dyed by Sparklies

I am so pleased that the dye line is in exactly the right spot!  It is obviously not a hard line but you can tell the difference between the sea and the sky which is what I wanted.

The next IHSW will be 20th - 22nd April so make sure you note the date in your diary or come and join us in the Facebook Group - IHSW on Facebook.  If you don't do Facebook then you can check in on Joysze's Blog - Random Ramblings


Finally, there is still time to sign up for the Biggest Easter Treasure Hunt Blog Hop I have ever hosted.  Simply leave a comment or email and I will add your name to the list.  I don't decide on the Mystery Phrase until the last minute so there's always room for more.





20 comments:

Katie said...

Amazing progress on both pieces. Can't wait to do the blog hop. They are always fun.

Carol said...

That is one thing I really don't miss now that I've retired, Jo--working on weekends! As a librarian it seemed like I was always working weekends and nights... But, you still managed to make great strides on your WIPs!

FlashinScissors said...

Gosh, Jo, lots of stitching! Discworld Is looking great!
Glad you’ve given us the date for the next IHSW ..... I didn’t realise IHSW was this weekend, although I did stitch lots anyway! I’ll add the next one to my diary.
Oooh! Looking forward to the blog hop!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Preeti said...

Great progress on your stitching!

Justine said...

Wow you made so much progress on those two gorgeous projects! Both look like they're fun to stitch. I totally failed at IHSW this month, for some reason although most weekends I have no commitments you can guarantee I'll be busy that weekend!

diamondc said...

Beautiful progress Jo, I am looking forward to seeing this when all stitched up.

Blessings
Catherine

Kaisievic said...

Jo, fantastic progress on both of these projects. You must be chuffed to have managed so much great stitching time.

deb said...

(I thought I commented on this!)

Your Alice is looking marvelous and I love seeing your progress on the Mappe - what a neat design!

Mini said...

Nice progress on both the projects.

Brigitte said...

That's a lot of progress. And how great that the dye line is exactly where it is supposed go be.

Mary said...

Jo, isn't it wonderful when things work out as you hoped? The dye line is in the perfect spot. Great progress on both stitches!

geeky Heather said...

Was there smoke coming off of your needles?? That's a lot of progress, especially on Alice...please tell me that wasn't all done in one coffee morning! But anyway, she is looking great, as is Discworld. You know, I still haven't read all those books. They are so good, I am trying not to go through them too fast.

I would like to sign up for the Easter blog hop!!

Mary's Thread said...

You've been productive! Well done! If I haven't said so yet, please count me in for the Easter blog hop!

Beth in IL said...

Love that Discworld! So glad the dye line was in the right spot. Keep those needles moving!

Christine said...

Both looking good, the fabric couldn't be more perfect

Mia said...

What a great progress to both your stitches, Jo. Kisses, my friend.

RJ said...

Like Deb I thought I already left a comment too. I wanted you to know how impressed I am with all the stitching you accomplish when you have to work. I love how you get it done. Everything is coming along beautifully. RJ

Julie said...

Mrs Peggoty is growing very well

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Good progress on your projects.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress on both projects! I will be traveling again next IHSW, but I'll try to joind in from afar.