Translate

Monday 19 February 2018

February IHSW


This weekend was International Hermit & Stitch Weekend and once again I was working on Sunday!  Never mind.  I got lots done today instead.

On Friday I went to my Crafty Coffee Morning and took Mrs Peggotty's Alice with me.  Here is where she was last IHSW:


And here is where she is now:

stitched over one on 25 count blue evenweave

The purple on the right is the start of her skirt.  The top right green stitch shows the extent of the two pages I am stitching.  In order to complete this in a year I need to stitch two pages per month but there is plenty of time to catch up and Linda had restarted her's last time I checked!

The second piece I have been stitching this weekend is my focus for the month; Gardens of London by Chatelaine.  Here is where I started on Friday:


And here is where I stopped today:

stitched on 32 count Cotton Clouds Belfast by Crafty Kitten

I have finished all the plain xxxx in this part and have started the speciality stitches.  Close up of Rhodes Stitches and Algerian Eyelets:


The next IHSW will be 16th - 18th March so make sure you note the date in your diary or come and join us in the Facebook Group - IHSW on Facebook.



Finally, our thoughts are turning towards Spring which means only one things - Chocolate Eggs!
NO - Easter Blog Hops!  As usual I will be hosting an Easter Blog Hop with a Treasure Hunt for the Mystery Phrase.  Provide your own eggs!   If you would like to take part this year, just leave a comment here.  The week before Easter I will send you a letter of the alphabet which will form part of the mystery phrase.   On Good Friday you will post that letter along with a photo of something seasonal that you have stitched (could be Easter or Spring or just something cheerful and sunny or floral).  We all hop around like little bunnies to find the Mystery Phrase!

Here's a link to last year's hop so you can see how it all works - Easter Treasure Hunt Blog Hop 2017

The Easter Hop is the second peak of our Five Hops Challenge.  Everyone who joins in with all five hops this year (either as a participant or as a commenter) will be entered into the Five Hops draw at the end of the year.






26 comments:

Shannon Meyer said...

You made some nice progress on both of your projects this weekend!! They look great:) I would like to participate in your Easter Blog Hop this year if you have room for me. Just let me know:) Thanks!!

Katie said...

Beautiful progress on both pieces!! Please add my name to the blog hop. Love your hops!!!

Ariadne said...

I want to take part in the Easter blog hop. When is your Easter this year? Ours is on April 8th.Probably yours is a week earlier?AriadnefromGreece!

diamondc said...

Jo: As always you show great progress on your stitching.
I am so looking forward to spring, it has been a cold winter here in Minnesota, and its snowing today.

Blessings
Catherine

Rachel said...

Nice to see so much progress, despite missing out on Sunday. Chatelaines are definitely not my thing to stitch but I do admire the work that goes into them and how beautiful and intricate they are. And yours is looking great! :)

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great progress Jo, yes please I'd like to take part in the Easter Blog Hop

Linda said...

Nice progress Jo. Alice looks great. I am having such a hard time working on it. I hate the pink and white sky. I only have about a 1000 stitches done. I think I need to start a tree or something.

Linda

Susan said...

Wonderful progress on both pieces. Looking forward to seeing both grow.

RJ said...

No matter what...work,rain,snow or dark of night Jo will get her stitching done!!!

Seriously you still got so much done. I would like to join the Easter hop..hoping I understand it right. RJ

Barb said...

You made great progress on both projects!

Mini said...

Great progress on both projects in-spite of working on Sunday. Hey I didn't know you attended crafty meetups.

Christine said...

Great progress! I was working all weekend and didn't manage a single stitch :(
Please sign me up for the Easter Hop

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Good progress on both projects, Jo. Please include me in the Easter blog hop. I know what my new Easter stitching is this year :)

Mary said...

How nice that you stitch with others! I just found a meetup group at my local supermarket!! Fun to meet other stitchers in person. Great progress!!! Love the colors of your chatelaine. Mary

Joysze said...

Great going on MPA's border, Jo. Just LOVING that 14ct white aida for London. HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

Easter hop... sounds fun! I don't have any bunny stitching, but Lord knows I've done quite a bit of flower ones. Count me in! :D

DJ said...

Wow!! What progress you have made on both your projects! They are both beautiful in their own right!! Can't wait to see more of them. It was a holiday weekend here in the US, and the boys kept me hopping. So...sadly not much stitching for me. BUT!! I did shop till I dropped at the sale at JoAnn's Fabric store. Does that count? haha Please sign me up for your Easter Blog Hop. I'll get right on sorting that out soon!!

Julie said...

Chatelaine is looking fabulous.
Good progress on Alice too.

Shannon Meyer said...

Your projects are looking great!! Sign me up for the blog hop if you would, I will get to work on a post for that:)

Carol said...

Love watching these grow, Jo! Chatelaine is going to be an incredible finish some day!!

Sheryl said...

Good progress Jo on both embroideries, The Chatelaine piece looks interesting with the speciality stitches and the vibrant colours. I´d like to join you again this year in the Easter Blog Hop - always good fun.

deb said...

Amazing progress on both pieces - they look wonderful! Every time I see a IHSW, I think how great it would be to lock the entire world out for an entire weekend and just stitch (sigh...). So glad you had a productive weekend.

Astrids dragon said...

Great progress in spite of having to work!
Such a tease, no chocolate eggs then?! I'll join in anyway!

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, you did make a lot pf progress! I bet is must feel nice to stitch something else than just border on Alice; those colours are gorgeous.
Gardens of London is looking great as well, those specialty stitches are the best part, but the most scary part too!

Mia said...

I LOVE your new embroidery, Jo. Gardens of London! Wow! Kisses, my friend.

Brigitte said...

Very nice progress on both your WIPs over the weekend.
And I fully agree with you - thinking of Easter means thinking of chocolate eggs, lol. I'm looking forward to eating them and I'm looking forward to seeing a new Easter blog hop.

Bethan said...

Nice progress, even if you did have to work on the Sunday! x