Translate

Sunday 15 October 2017

Gifted Gorgeousness October Link-Up Post

2017 GG

Welcome to the October link-up for Gifted Gorgeousness. The linky will stay open until the end of the month so you have plenty of time to link up and join in.

Dark October has really seen the gifted gorgeous projects come out into the dark!

Haunted Autumn Mouse in a House by Just Nan was a Birthday gift this year:


Smiling Jack-O-Lanterns by JBW was a gift from Julie:

stitched on 32 count Platinum Belfast (also a gift)

Then I started and finished Cast Your Spell by Stacy Nash which was a gift from Heather:

stitched over 1 on 32 count Platinum Belfast

I changed the colours on this one, partially because I misread the chart and assumed 310 would be a black solid symbol and not a white triangle.  I also changed the border to satin stitch because it's so much quicker over 1 than tiny xxxx.  I also changed the orangebrown to a reddish brown.  I like it, I think it looks darker and more spooky.  Not sure how I will finish-finish but it will probably be scrapbooked.  It would make a nice notebook cover.

As I finished this early in the afternoon I made an early start on the next project - Dracula by Dam Good Crafts (no longer available):

stitched on 32 count Amortentia by Chromatic Alchemy

That gorgeous fabric was a gift from Tiffany, it is darker in real life and will look amazing with the black stitching.  I stitched this while watching The Wall this afternoon.  I've got four days of stitching still to come on this one, which is good as it is part of my 17 in '17.

Prior to October I stitched on Dragon of the Winter Moon by Dragon Dreams which was a gift from Riona:


Memories by Just Nan was a gift from Vickie:


I've also made lots of progress on 12 Days of Christmas by Joan Elliott which was a gift from my MIL:



So now I hand over to you. This is where you link up your post for this month. Please use your name or your blog name in the field and NOT the words "October Update" so I can easily see who has linked up this month. And link to the actual post, not just your blog. It is easier if you copy and paste the link, rather than typing freehand.

*
*

Finally, it's time to sign up for the Spookiest Hop on the Block - the Trick or Treat Hallowe'en Blog Hop.  All you have to do is leave a comment or send me an email.  I will send you a letter of the alphabet which you show on your blog on 31st October along with some spooky stitching.  We all hop around collecting the letters which will spell out a spooky word or phrase (depending on how many people sign up).






22 comments:

Renee said...

You have so many lovely projects on the go. Beautiful work!

Carol said...

Lots of loveliness here, Jo--those wee ghosts in the Just Nan design are adorable :) Enjoy what remains of your weekend!

Linda said...

Lots of gorgeous projects and stitching Jo. Hard to pick a favorite.

Linda

RJ said...

I love all of your stitches but especially the smily jack o lantern. Have a super week of stitching. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

cheryl said...

So many fantastic Halloween projects. The Amortentia fabric is beautiful!

Barb said...

I love seeing all your beautiful stitching. Of course, the Halloween ones are very special. That dragon is magnificent!!

Brigitte said...

Again you can show such a lot of gifted gorgeousness stitching. I also love your new start on that gifted fabric - the colour is highly dramatic.

Preeti said...

Lots of gifted stitching projects and you are making good progress on all.

Tiffstitch said...

So many fun projects and great changes with the satin stitch, I'll have to remember that trick. :)

Kate said...

12 Days of Christmas is a beauty!

Heather said...

Ooo I love how it turned out! I love the fabric for Dracula too!

diamondc said...

Jo: As always great progress on your projects, I love the satin stitch but not very good at doing it I cannot get my threads to lay good.

Blessings
Catherine

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, that is a ton of GG project progress this time! I love how so many of your projects are coming out to play. The fabric on Dracula is stunning!

Lili said...

How pretty your changes on that Stacy Nash piece! It turned out very beautiful!
Nice start on the Dracula, the fabric is wonderful!
Lovely stitching!

KimM said...

Great projects, Jo. Maybe that’s what I need to do.....have numerous ones going at once. I seems to be a ‘single threaded’ type of girl 😳
xxx

Christine said...

Ooh, Dracula is looking fabulous on that fabric!

Bekah said...

Wow you have worked on a lot of projects this month Jo. You are so close on the dragon piece and the twelve days of Christmas. The colours in both are wonderful.

Elfie said...

It's so nice to be back! You have made so much progress on the 12 Days - it is looking great, as is all the rest of your stitching.

Kerryp77 said...

So many lovely projects Jo, looking forward to seeing more on the mouse.

FlashinScissors said...

Gosh, Jo! Such lovely projects! I especially love Cast Your Spells, the dragon, and, oh ..... those colours on Just Nan. Beautiful stitching!
Barbara x

jocondine said...

Nice progress, is that a princess castle or the stables for the dragon? xxx

Mini said...

Great progress on all you projects Jo. I have linked up my post, better late than never, right !! ha ha