Translate

Monday 21 August 2017

Theme-tas-Stitch Animalia August

Theme-tas-stitch
Theme-tas-stitch is hosted by Kerry

Each month Kerry gives us a theme to stitch to and we show our progress on the 21st of every month.

Animalia August - Give some love to those projects with our furry or feathered friends.

Or indeed, the scaly ones!  Tiff and I decided that this was a great chance to focus on our dragon projects.  I have two on my WIP list but I was enjoying this one so much I decided to keep going and make it the focus for the month.

Here's where Dragon of the Winter Moon by Dragon Dreams was last November:


And here's where we are now:

Stitched on 32 count Moondust Murano by Crafty Kitten

Close-up of the head.  I love the contrast between the white rayon and the Waterlilies silk which is the variegated blue/cream colour.  The spines are sparkly Kreinik.


I also stitched half a cow for the 8th Day of Christmas:


A cat in a Martini Glass Y for Stitcher's Alphabet:


A black bird for the Enchanted Alphabet:


And two spiders for the Witches:


I will be carrying on with my dragon until the 26th when it's time for Enchanted Alphabet to re-enter the rotation.  For more Dragony goodness, check out Tiff's blog where she is having a little competition.  Guess which projects she will work on this month!

🐉  🐉  🐉  🐉  🐉  🐉  🐉

Finally, we just featured our 26th Blogger of the Week so do pop over and learn more about them.  As a treat to celebrate the six month point and also the Bank Holiday Weekend I will be having a little competition this Friday instead of featuring a Blogger.  So make sure you get over there on Friday and join in the fun!  Here's the link to this week's Blogger:





15 comments:

D1-D2 said...

I love the sparkle of his mane(?)

Daffycat said...

Beautiful work, Jo! I had to scroll WAY FAR back to see your Enchanted Alphabet in total...that Orange fabric is delightfully spooky!

Kerryp77 said...

Great work Jo, you've made such great progress on the dragon. Thanks for joining in this month.

Rita said...

Oh, so much animals in this post! I love it!

Barb said...

Love seeing your progress on that wonderful dragon!!

Brigitte said...

A nice variety of animals for this month's theme - mammals, birds, insects and even a fantasy animal. Great post.

The Crafty Princess said...

Beautiful work Jo. I love how Dragon of the Winter Moon is coming along. And the cat in the Martini glass is very cute. I ordered some more Halloween stash purely because I love watching your Halloween wips grow. Sooooo all your fault :D
xo Alicia

Lili said...

Lovely progress on the dragon!

Carol said...

Lots of great animal stitching here, Jo! I am not a dragon or fairy stitcher, but I always enjoy watching others stitch them :)

Enjoy this last week of August! Boy, did this summer speed by!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

A good selection of animal stitching. Love the progress on your dragon project.

Julie said...

Lots of nice animals you've been adding to your projects this month

Stitching Noni said...

Great animal inspired post! Love the sparkle your dragon has.. can't wait to see more progress on him :)

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress on the dragon! That variegated thread really is lovely. So many other animals too!

Sarah in Stitches said...

I like all the animals you managed to squeeze into this post! Great stitching :D

Katie said...

So far behind again. Love your progress on the beautiful dragon of course. Love your other projects too.