Translate

Tuesday 15 August 2017

Gifted Gorgeousness August Link-Up Post

2017 GG

Welcome to the August link-up for Gifted Gorgeousness. The linky will stay open until the end of the month so you have plenty of time to link up and join in.
I've been making some nice progress on my gifted projects again this month.  I reached the top of the design for Just Nan's Memories, a gift from Vickie:

stitched on 32 count pink linen

Another block on 12 Days of Christmas by Joan Elliott - a gift from my MIL:

 

Another witch on Witches by Oberlin Samplers - a gift from Barb:


My focus piece for this month is Dragon of the Winter Moon by Dragon Dreams - a gift from Riona.

Here is where I left the dragon last November:


And here is where we are now:

stitched on 32 count Moondust Murano by Crafty Kitten

Close-up of the Kreinik spines:



So now I hand over to you. This is where you link up your post for this month. Please use your name or your blog name in the field and NOT the words "August Update" so I can easily see who has linked up this month. And link to the actual post, not just your blog. It is easier if you copy and paste the link, rather than typing freehand.
*
*


Finally, we had a Tenuous Shoehorn Linky Party on 8th August, the linky is still live if you'd like to join in any time this month.  I love reading the different posts and it would be nice to see more! Don't forget to check and see if new links have been added since you last looked.



30 comments:

Mary said...

I'm sure Vickie will appreciate you stitching it on pink linen! The witch is great, will you have it done by Halloween?

Vickie said...

Yes I most certainly do!! ;) It is looking so very pretty Jo. ♥♥♥

Kerryp77 said...

The Just Nan is a lovely piece, so pretty - well done on reaching the top. The dragon looks great - all that Kreinik on the spines - wow! Happy stitching Jo.

The Crafty Princess said...

Amazing GG progress Jo. I love the colours on Memories, it's just so darn pretty. And wowsers how cool is Dragon?! He is brilliant and sparkly. Some of a few of my favourite things :D
xo Alicia

Mary said...

Very beautiful wips.

cheryl said...

Wow! Great projects. 12 Days of Christmas is moving right along & will be spectacular when it's finished. Can't wait to see more of the dragon.

jocondine said...

Great post, your new block for the 12 days of Christmas is lovely, very pretty maid and cow. I love it. xxx

DJ said...

Hi Jo! Lovely post!! It's been ages since I've been able to stop by and see all your lovely stitching! It's all so beautiful, I can't pick my favorite. You are making great progress on Witches and 12 days of Christmas since last time! Thanks again for hosting this, I thought I would get a jump on this months post and write it a day early and post it the next day, when I realized it was the 15th TODAY. I lost a day somewhere, good thing I decided to post early...haha.

Unknown said...

I've on my just stumbled upon your blog but I'm glad I did! You have made great progress on your piece. I love the colour!

Beth in IL said...

Love the dragon! And you are making quite a bit of progress on your other pieces. Good job!

Linda said...

Awesome progress Jo. Love the dragon.

Linda

RJ said...

Great stitching Jo. You always have so much going on and you accomplish so much. I like everything especially the Halloween stitch. And, Vickie's gift is so lovely. RJ@ stitching friends forever

Astrids dragon said...

Oh, the dragon, I love it! I thought I had this one, but I actually have Dragon of the Summer Sky. I also have Dani The Stitching Dragon. Both have yet to be started!

Lili said...

Lovely progress on the Just Nan's piece!
The dragon is amazing!

Barb said...

Lots of lovely things things. Witches looks great. I originally stitched mine on aida cloth. Seeing yours, I am tempted to redo it on linen.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Lovely progress on all your projects. Getting the spines on the dragon makes a big difference to how it looks.

BeingBored89 said...

Everything looks wonderful!

Brigitte said...

Wow, this dragon is taking great shape now. Wonderful projects, all of them.
This month I will take part in the GG SAL, too. I just have to finish a small project first.

Leonore Winterer said...

I'm happy to see that dragon again - the spines look amazing!

stitchersanon said...

Beautiful projects Jo. I love the dragon!

Carol said...

So many cute projects, Jo! I wish I could juggle multiple pieces like you seem to do so well :) The little witch piece is getting cuter and cuter!

Enjoy your weekend--hope it includes some stitching time!

Tiffstitch said...

Lovely work on everything, wow!

Tiffstitch said...

I'm so happy you chose that dragon to work on too, amazing!

Susan said...

Great progress. Everything looks great.

Christine said...

That dragon is definitely gorgeous!

Julie said...

The sparkly spines on the dragon do look good.

Stitching Noni said...

Love your dragon! :)

Mini said...

The dragin is lovely.I have linked up my post now..ha ha

Julie said...

3 hours to go till next month - finally did my GG post for August :-)

Sarah in Stitches said...

Great stitching this month! I'm sorry I missed the August GG. We just got back from vacation and I'm still catching up on everything!